Max all skills

Jimpen

Anybody else ever tried to max all skills? In my current playthrough I am going for a 100% (max all skills). I've tailored my character for that purpose only, picking traits that I normally wouldn't pick. I started the game with +10 extra skill points (IIRC). This is my progress so far:1396284200_100info.JPG.1ed83975d920458a14400d2eaaa3aded.JPG1119264876_100skills.thumb.JPG.de9c798b9d3dff37a5e608cde87a0623.JPG

(Weird post layout, I don't know how this works.)

Have fun with nimble. Even with a stat boost, that one can level quite slowly. (Unless you find a zombie who spawned under a staircase and can't get out. AFK some combat stance walking for a bit, and maybe that'll help.

First aid could be a pain. Figuratively, IRL, literally in game.

Although I am sure you could set up and obstacle course of broken windows, broken glass and stairs to nowheres, through a forest and strip down and streak through it a few times, bandaging and splitting where necessary.

15 minutes ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

Have fun with nimble. Even with a stat boost, that one can level quite slowly. (Unless you find a zombie who spawned under a staircase and can't get out. AFK some combat stance walking for a bit, and maybe that'll help.

Yeah my plan was to do something like that.

17 minutes ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

First aid could be a pain. Figuratively, IRL, literally in game.

Although I am sure you could set up and obstacle course of broken windows, broken glass and stairs to nowheres, through a forest and strip down and streak through it a few times, bandaging and splitting where necessary.

First aid won't be too hard I believe, you can just stand in broken glass and continuously remove glass with tweezers or bandage (bandage will break instantly if you stand in glass). Tried it once and went from level 2,5 ish to around level 4 (with 75% bonus xp). Then you just wait 1-2 days for it to heal and do it again.

The most tedious part will probably be all the weapon skills I don't have bonus xp in (all except axe and long blunt).

I wonder if the xp gain for mending broken legs, and the recovery time being worth the gain.

Could definitely put you in a difficult situation if zeke shows up...

Not even sure if you can consistently break a leg from a 2 storey drop, or if the risk of dying from it would be too high to try. I've noticed one story drops don't cut it most of the time.

Of course, the xp gain could be the same from bandaging cuts, for all I know.

I find myself wanting to mess around with this, now that I'm talking about it... need to remember to back up my save first though... which improbably won't.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 5:23 PM, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

I'd be more worried about how to level all all your weapon skills in a no zed run.

Does railing on doors and trees give weapon xp? Or just str and fitness?

Good point and I'm not sure. I know you can powerlevel some skill (not sure which, maybe maintenance) by hitting a garage door from inside a vehicle with a pipe or something. I guess no zombies = can't level weapons.

As it stands right now I believe the game is too bugged for this challenge. I mean, I keep coming back to it, and I keep dying to some random bullshit. A few days ago I decided I'd take a break and come back in a couple years when the bugs have hopefully been weeded out. Right now there's too many ways to randomly die from something you have no control over, like your toon getting stuck in an animation, a zombie clipping through a window, targeting randomly failing to take into account a zombie that's lunging you, etc...

Archived