DayZ Style Bloodlust...

Baconlovar

Well I'm gonna try and play a rp server, since I think that is the best and only secure way to make PVP a meaningful experience.

But if you thin about it.

1)At the beginning there would be plenty of food for everyone. In that momeny pvp would be at its most wild status.

2)The food starts to dwindle. 

3)There would be a major differentiation : those people who made a fort with farms. They would be more prone to have pve. And those people who'd rather raid and steal food.

4) The raiders would have to unite to overcome the farmers defenders. The farmers would have to unite to defend from the raiders.

Here's an harmonic pvp/pve kind of game. 

Resource scarcity+permadeath(unfortunately optional)+impending sense of doom if lonely = the best way to implement pve.

I still think that guns need to be overhauled into a proper aiming system before we can really have serious PvP.  Currently you don't really need to 'aim', just fire in the general direction and you will usually hit a target.  Now if we had a proper aiming system which combines the character's skills along with your own skills as a player, that could be really fun.

For example when aiming you could have a thin transparen-ish line or arc coming from your gun which would give you a basic idea of where your bullet is going to go.  Maybe with the 3D engine this could actually allow your arms to 'detach' from your body's rotation and have a bit more freedom of aiming at something.  So once you fire, depending on your character's skills with a gun, the bullet will be less accurate to where you aimed, or with a higher skill level you may get 90% accurate shots.

Obviously your mouse would be your 'target', so hovering that over the character or object you're planning to shoot would be the best way to hit them, if the cursor is over the head, your bullet will aim for the head body part, if you aim at the legs, same thing.  I'd like this so that you can choose to shoot them in the leg, so that you don't accidentally kill them.  For example sacrificing a group member by shooting him/her in the legs so that you can escape, rather than accidentally shooting them in the head and having all the zombies just shamble past them.

Of course bullets would need to give you gunshot injuries which would bleed and cause agony, if hit in the chest, head or neck you would likely die very quickly, being shot in the stomach/abdomen/groin (ouch) would likely mean someone would need to drag/carry you to safety, and being shot in the arms and legs would have less of an effect other than you needing to limp or crawl away if hit in the legs.  Of course the wound would need to be treated and a chance that the bullet needs to be removed.

Basically, I think there is a lot to be done when it comes to player versus player/npc, having people in the group who can treat wounds properly will be essential to surviving injuries, medicine will become more important, etc.  

I think that having more of a focus on the aftermath of a fight will definitely affect the 'bloodlust'.  Shooting on sight will have a pretty low chance of killing the target instantly (especially if there is some distance between the two of you), and for every person you attack, you're seriously risking taking a bullet, which will need to be treated properly.  I think that having this in mind will make everyone think twice before starting a conflict (unless the target is seriously outnumbered, in which case they may still manage to escape if lucky).

Not so much addicted to murder, just like gaining negative effects from repetitive killing People..  idk/c what psychopaths get out of it.. Not saying you're going to turn into Charles Manson and invite your buddies to your helter skelter clan to do all your PvP lol. Just random thoughts

Uh while we are discussing the possibilities of pvp may I also inquire what everyone's thoughts are on cannibalism as a feature? (If you run out of food and you're starving, your fellow humans may start to look pretty tasty :P )

Idk to me it seems like a pretty revolting feature.I wouldn't like to see it implemented. It just seems unnecessary for the game. Plus if you eat people your no better than a zed...

One of the best plans to make people help each other is being dependent on each other. For now PZ is Rust in a certain way. You are a carpentry master, sawing logs alone, chopping trees alone, the Robinson Crusou of videogames only without a native zombie named Friday.

You'll never need medical attention, beyond putting abandage on and popping some pills.

When NPCs are released I think they will make the game a lot harder for you to survive alone.

It would make sense to just mug people, because shooting a gun in PZ is kinda suicidal. Secondly, a person despite killing hundred of humans in videogames, killing a person IRL has very sever consequences. A lot of soldier have a lot of problems after they come back from a war zone.

So the players character could deal with depression, nightmares, and trigger happiness from it's own.

I'm pretty sure this feature is planned along with other mental state ideas. Depression and PTSD from killing people, severe guilt and depression, possibly hallucinations and nightmares. I know for a fact they plan on putting things like that in-game, and it would only make sense for your character to suffer if he/she kills people.

One of the best plans to make people help each other is being dependent on each other. For now PZ is Rust in a certain way. You are a carpentry master, sawing logs alone, chopping trees alone, the Robinson Crusou of videogames only without a native zombie named Friday.

You'll never need medical attention, beyond putting abandage on and popping some pills.

When NPCs are released I think they will make the game a lot harder for you to survive alone.

They also plan on overhauling the medical system so if you injure yourself to a certain degree, it'll be a lot harder to make yourself better again. Like, say, broken bones and the likes.

The only problem I see with your guys' PTSD/Depression system is that some people would have no issue with killing another human, and have absolutely no repercussions. I guess one way to negate that would be some kind of perk you can choose while creating your character? And I guess the longer you survive the less effect it has on you would seem appropriate, you're obviously gonna get used to killing others and zombies over time in an apocalyptic world.

The only problem I see with your guys' PTSD/Depression system is that some people would have no issue with killing another human, and have absolutely no repercussions. I guess one way to negate that would be some kind of perk you can choose while creating your character? And I guess the longer you survive the less effect it has on you would seem appropriate, you're obviously gonna get used to killing others and zombies over time in an apocalyptic world.

So you mean in cold blood?

It could be possible, but you have to consider these people you are role playing are average, no killers no psychopaths, at least in the beginning.

Let's take several of the TWD:

Rick Grimes:

He went badshit, because of losing his wife. He made irrational choices and untrusting he went too.

Black Dude from the first and forth season:

He lost his son to his wife, he went mad started to be Bear Gryll of the ZA

Having a fucking Arsenal for a small army he clears out zombies.

The governour:

He went crazy, of loosing his daughter. He looks out for his community, but is a master of manipulation. He lies and kills.

Wait a second...I think he could be Hitler? Yes, not in the sense of being a massmurdering maniac, but no, yes he is. He got his personal guard, a propaganda machinery and the Messias syndrome in the worst way.

What I'd like are two perks:

1. Insane: You can kill without remorse, but your mental health is always in a bad state. (Not horrible, but enough to fuck with you.)

2. Sound Mind: You don't suffer from the mental trauma of the world as much, but committing horrible acts (killing people) causes your mental health to degrade more than normal.

So either kill people without negative effects but constantly be a little fucked up, or not suffer as much from the world around you but if you do something awful you lose your shit.

I mean there are people who could kill others without coming under these stressful mental states such as PTSD, or becoming a physcopath. For example, Rick Grimes did lose his mind a bit after his wife died, but he killed people before that (even before the apocalypse, car blockade scene) without any mental repercussions that we saw. I think a perk that costs a lot of perk points that allows you to kill without penalty should be implemented. That way its not an easy perk to get, but its not impossible.

I mean there are people who could kill others without coming under these stressful mental states such as PTSD, or becoming a physcopath. For example, Rick Grimes did lose his mind a bit after his wife died, but he killed people before that (even before the apocalypse, car blockade scene) without any mental repercussions that we saw. I think a perk that costs a lot of perk points that allows you to kill without penalty should be implemented. That way its not an easy perk to get, but its not impossible.

Hm. Possibly alongside the "mental" traits we can have a "Hardened" trait or something?

Uh while we are discussing the possibilities of pvp may I also inquire what everyone's thoughts are on cannibalism as a feature? (If you run out of food and you're starving, your fellow humans may start to look pretty tasty :P )

Idk to me it seems like a pretty revolting feature.I wouldn't like to see it implemented. It just seems unnecessary for the game. Plus if you eat people your no better than a zed...

That's the core idea of most zombie media.  Zombies just exist as a backdrop to show how terrible humanity is.

As to whether it's a needed feature or not... it's not essential, but I love the story/RP potential.  

Example:

You have large group of people, and you're starving.  One day, you send out John and Jane to see if they can find any animals.  They're late.  Sometime after dark, Jane comes back alone, but with a backpack full of meat.  Says they got a deer, but the gunshot attracted a horde, and John was eaten.

If cannibalism isn't in the game, you know that she's (more or less) telling the truth.  If it were implemented, then you have to start wondering.  

Do you trust her story? 

Do you start sending groups of 3 on hunting missions?

Do you put her on some other job, even though she's the best hunter you have left?

Maybe you go with her on the next hunting trip, and see that she has an accident.  You wouldn't want to upset the group by telling them straight.

Or maybe you keep quiet about it, and start sending the weakest/least-essential members with her on future trips.  Her story might be true, but even if it isn't.... your group needs food.

I was thinking about multiplayer and i was thinking about taking prisoners, mugging, that type of thing and then i came to the conclusion of... There is no reason to Not kill someone. Think about it, why bother risking your life from zeds while trying to "persuade" him to give you a generous donation or risk revenge in the future but most importantly them just shooting you when you turn around.

The most safe option for you (and annoying for them) is to just kill them, take their stuff and leave. The problem with this is what happens in DayZ, everyone is afraid of everyone and you just kill on sight unless you want to team. (which most of the time ends with a bullet to the head).

I think if PZ wants to be a lot more fun in multiplayer and truly unique there needs to be some penalty for killing or some sort of value to a player's life. Otherwise its just death-match.

I think the first goal of MP is to coop. I think PvP is secondary. PZ is not a PvP game however it does (or will) allow it for those that are so inclined. The dev's clearly are looking for a PvE game. They're trying to create a 'The Walking Dead' experience.

The best way to create confrontation is with NPC's. Human players will rarely roleplay which will just shatter the experience. I don't think I'll *ever* play PZ on a public server. I've played enough DayZ to know how that will end. With a game like PZ which is all about the long-play, when you've invested hours in farming, building and defending your base it would be no fun at all for a small gang of 12 year olds still struggling with puberty to come onto the server and wreck your s**t up.

Personally I will play on a closed server with my nephew and we'll role play the apocalypse. If he starts acting out of character and doing stupid things then I'll just find someone on here who shares my vision for how the game is to be played. The problem with PZ survival at the moment is that it's too easy but this will change. If it were more dangerous however, then players would be more inclined to play it safe more in keeping with the zombie lore. 

It would make sense to just mug people, because shooting a gun in PZ is kinda suicidal. Secondly, a person despite killing hundred of humans in videogames, killing a person IRL has very sever consequences. A lot of soldier have a lot of problems after they come back from a war zone.

So the players character could deal with depression, nightmares, and trigger happiness from it's own.

This is a brilliant mechanic. You should suggest it in the ideas section. 

Amen. Maybe it will be just communities, with their own official military groups ; they should make military gear too, so the roleplay is deeper.. Maybe a machine gun or two but let's not get into thousands of weapons. Let's keep it smooth and simple. Also, the military outfit shouldn't be bullet-proof. Just a roleplay suit. Also there should be locked doors. I don't want a bunch of s**theads just stealing the military outfits and machine guns, killing everyone and destroying everything that there is to destroy... That is nothing close that what would you do in a zombie apocalypse... Atleast, if you're sane..