Survival Horror Game "Middle of Nowhere"

VisionArts

Hey,

We are an indie game development team called VisionArts and are currently in development of our survival horror game called Middle of Nowhere.

Middle of Nowhere isn't just jumpscare based, nor is it full of action when it's meant to be survival horror. Instead, it's unforgiving to the player and survival is at upmost importance. Our story is engaging to the player, we want to create a unique experience while taking influence from the old survival horror games such as Silent Hill and Resident Evil. We're ready to give Middle of Nowhere our all to make it a success and hope it's a game that everyone knows about.

For now, we have a little teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEcWDY3pr3Y

Here's a synopsis:

2f11c20dceba1c9206153e1d527aeefe_large.j

You are Isaac, father of Emily, an unusual young girl having premonitions of a lost world she calls Nowhere. Emily is Isaac's priority and so with no hesitation, decides to pursue the chance of finding a specialized doctor to help with Emily's condition which results in a fatal car crash. You wake up in a lost world with only one thing that matters; Emily is missing. You immediately come to realise this is no ordinary world and have to use your instincts of survival to find Emily. You encounter many deformed creatures in what seems like a beautiful post-apocalyptic world but is actually hell. You have to fight or run to pursue Emily, either that or she could be gone forever. Can you save her?

a7eabffc0741532cc3a162b6673e4267_large.j

The year is 2020 and time is running out for Isaac. From the moment Emily was born, her life became his. It was only soon after they found out about Emily's unknown medical condition otherwise known as her premonitions. Isaac has spent his life trying to find a doctor to help with Emily's condition and as time progresses, she worsens. Emily's premonitions leave her in a lost state of Nowhere. A broken state of mind unknown to the world we live in. No one has ever heard of such a place or seen the things that dwelve inside it. Ever since Emily's mom Sarah disappeared, Emily's condition has spiraled. Isaac, almost left hopeless came across a specialized doctors name Aycrigg Orchard. 

8abc26c87272387e8c12279331d0d4aa_large.j

Middle of Nowhere is set in a beautiful post-apocalyptic world in the year 2020 with a surreal reality, atmospheric environment surrounded by fog. Explore the remains of a lost world struck with disaster. Come across broken shanty-like shacks those of which used to be houses. Make your way through cold and shivering caves and find what awaits you. Take a tread through wet, swamp-like environments and feel the eerie atmosphere. Search a town that vanished from the world we know. This is no ordinary world, this is Nowhere.

To find out more:

Official Site: www.middleofnowheregame.aaronwildemusic.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleOfNowhereSurvivalHorror

Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=164037305

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoNWGame

Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/middle-of-nowhere-survivalhorror

Instagram: http://instagram.com/middleofnowheregame#

Seems cool. Personally, I'm not great for horror games, but I will add it to our site as there are a lot of people asking for these types of games there recently, so I'll let them know. :) I'm following this also. Who knows, I might just try it out myself.

Our site is Game-Debate if you want to know, and it has an amazing and friendly community. You guys should join it. :) My username is "Maddan2012" so you can say "Hi" to me there. I'll stop advertising now. ;p

If doing that isn't allowed, I'll remove it, no worries. :D

This looks very interesting, indeed. I'll be following this!

I think so also, and you know that when it is coming from blindcoder it isn't a shallow complement as he shot down another game (though he did give critique and not just this sucks).

Just wanted to clarify, _why_ I like this game:

It's telling a story. Oh so many games - even apart from the casual games - seem to focus on high-end graphics, explosions and "oh, hey, we're lazy bitches so let's make everything so dark that noone can see the lack of details" (I'm looking at YOU, Resident Evil 6!) that storytelling, immersion and making the player WANT to play "just 5 more minutes" all take a back seat on the ride.

Middle of Nowhere, I like that the first thing you're being told about the game is the story. Its feature list doesn't read like an advertisement for the engine. I mean, who cares about:

- Breathtaking physics engine based on Ragdoll eXtreme M*therfucker Bitchslap Edition

- Background Music and Sound Effects created by Ubermaster <Enter Name Here>, known from games you probably never heard of or didn't care about the music anyway

- Over one-thousand achievements, including: "Pressed a button", "Pressed two buttons at the same time" and "Wasted 100 hours of your life"

- 75 Levels, carefully designed so that you only have to go one way and making it impossible to get lost while we force-feed you explosions and taking any active thinking on your part away.

Really? You do. Oh, I'm sorry about that.

From what I can tell so far, "Middle of Nowhere" seems to focus more on the things that make a game fun, rather than making an engine that is marketable to other companies. That is also why I am very fond of Miasmata. It's simply a lot of _FUN_.

Now, if Middle of Nowhere can deliver on that, I just hope I can play it on my measly little Graphics Card :-)

*o.O, dives into the forum posts and proceeds to look up game review mentioned above ^*

lol, I hope I'm not the only one who does that.

I'm not a huge horror fan, big survival fan though! So I have mixed feelings as to whether or not I would be able to play middle of no where. Will determinately see if I can though ;).

• 1 month later...