AEBS & the helicopter

Mork

Hi all!

Small spoiler about the Automated Emergency Broadcast System (AEBS), so don't read if you're new to the game and don't want to know about some usefull stuff regarding it.

So, it's known (and documented on the wiki) that the AEBS announce the helicopter meta-event, broadcastig the message "Air Activity detected" on the day it will occure. However, I noticed a couple of times that the announcement was aired (no pun intended) the day after the meta-event happened. Like, last time the helicopter came on my 5th day, and the announcement was made on the 6th day.

Anyone else noticed that? Is this a bug or did I miss something?

(And in case you wonder, I'm not using any mod, so the issue does not come from there)

Thanks if you can share a similar experience or have some explanation! :)

If it's a bug, I'll report it, but I want to be sure before doing so.

Not sure how accurate this info is, but its been put to me that the radio announcements update after 9am, so anything before that will be old information. If you check it at 8am or or earlier on the day of helicopter event, it will unfortunately broadcast the previous days information. So, try to check after 9 am and you might get the right info. I displays the same info for a 24 hour period.

Not sure if this.is actually the case, as I've never tried testing it. But seems to me I've had the same issue as you did on a few occasions over the years. 

Maybe fixed later? Only the devs know.

The weather forecast seems to change correctly at midnight (or 1am, I'm not sure). If the event announcement is on a different timer, starting at 9am, it's a bit strange. But, just a bit: because after all, a standard game starts at 9am... so maybe, if one sets a sandbox game with a earlier starting time (like 6am for instance), the timer for the helicopter announcement will also start at time (6am)?

This needs to be investigated. (Which means, I'll look into it, but I'll take my time because it's not fun to do :D)

Also, the wiki needs an update, because it says that the helicopter event occure between the 6th and the 9th days, but I got it occuring on the 5th day (at least once, maybe more, I do't know, I tend to be oblivious of checking the day - which more than often leads my characters to a certain death XD).

But I first need to check how it really works. If anyone wants to investigate this too, you're more than welcome to share your discoveries here. ^^

In my case, I find the chopper usually shows up after the TV shows stop running, which is day 8 or 9, I think. But I've died a lot, so have had many chopper experiences, and every now and again get surprised by an early visit while trying to catch a show on the Life and Living TV station a few days before it cuts out.

I usually adjust the sandbox chopper setting to sometimes, and feel like the chopper event happens during slightly longer intervals after the first. But I'm also not keeping track of time with skill boosting TV shows by then, so I can't really say I pay all that much attention to the passage of time.

Enjoying herbal and liquid libations while plating doesn't help this any, nor my characters's longevity. 

Archived