Pushed from behind: pushed backwards.

Mork

Hi,

So, I was pretty sure this problem has been adressed a long time ago but, well, you'll see how it happened:

While my character was walking, a zombie attacked from behind (slightly on the side, not full 180° behind my character - I'm  not sure how it's called in English... "three-quater behind" maybe?). It attacked my character with this crawling attack they can do just after they fall across a fence.

The bug-ish part is that attack pushed my character backwards, as if she was attacked from the front.

And that's the story of how yet another survivor died, because a swarm of hungry zeds was following just few steps away... :'D

Probably not..?
I mean, it's not something I come across frequently, I tend to avoid getting hit by zombies. It would requiere spending much time trying to have the same setting, with a dedicated game for testing... I want to be able to help, but don't want to spend hour(s) trying to reproduce a bug as if I was at work.

I'll tell you something: if it happens again, I'll try to pay even more attention on the precise circumstances in order to be able to reproduce the problem while recording it.

30 minutes ago, Mork said:

Probably not..?
I mean, it's not something I come across frequently, I tend to avoid getting hit by zombies. It would requiere spending much time trying to have the same setting, with a dedicated game for testing... I want to be able to help, but don't want to spend hour(s) trying to reproduce a bug as if I was at work.

I'll tell you something: if it happens again, I'll try to pay even more attention on the precise circumstances in order to be able to reproduce the problem while recording it.

Thank you! Additionally - which way was your char facing in relation to the fence (and to your view as a player)? Did the zed do crawl attack "straight forward" from the fence or did the zed go "at an angle"? (bear with me - this is quite hard to explain :D )

3 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Thank you! Additionally - which way was your char facing in relation to the fence (and to your view as a player)? Did the zed do crawl attack "straight forward" from the fence or did the zed go "at an angle"? (bear with me - this is quite hard to explain :D )

If I remember correctly, my char was slightly facing away from the fence (not walking really parallel to it, and definitively not walking straight away from it). Relatively to the player's point of view, she was facing down left. (I hope my brain is not just filling blanks in my memory, making me think I remember that much details).

Concerning the angle of the zed, I understand what you mean, but I don't remember at what angle it performed its attack relatively to the fence.