We need a good server browser plz

P_menta

It's 2022 and Project Zomboid doesn't allow us to sort servers by Ping, players, region, or anything else, it's extremely outdated...
Has anyone complained about this before?

And a bug report.

The server list works **perfectly** in -nosteam but in the Steam version it hides servers (I'm not even talking about hiding the ones with 32 slots (it should be >32...)), sometimes it only loads 5 or it loads slowly, when you update the server list it becomes an even bigger mess, everything gets shuffled...

The nosteam version has almost no servers and uses our own server, compared to multiple thousands on the Steam server using the Steam API. The Steam sever can take upwards of 10 minutes to download completely in the client.

Open Steam, to View, then Severs and press respawn. You'll see it takes forever.

A better UI is doable, but you'll still have to wait for it to finish loading servers.

The first time I enter the server list, the 5 or 6 biggest servers in my region appear for me (and only them), when I refresh the page, it keeps loading servers from all over the world, so I think there's some magic going there.

But being able to sort by ping/region would be a tremendous help

Maybe an option in servertest.ini to mark it as a "Dedicated Server" and then sort it first in the list (after the other parameters)?

A considerable number of servers are named "My PZ Server" and do not have a password...

# Show the server in the in-game browser. Note that Steam enabled servers will always be shown.
public=true

Is there no way to avoid this?