Project Zomboid's PVP is unfair for this reason:

P_menta

Project Zomboid's PVP is unfair for this reason:

Even reducing the knockdown value to 0, weapons still have a chance of knocking other players down with a shot or two, knocking them to the ground.
At this point, they will continue to take several more shots without having a chance to get up and fight back.

Is it realistic? Yes.
It's fun? Definitely not, especially for someone who died without being able to run or fight back.

The rate of fire of the weapons in this game is deliberately slow (for the sake of game design) and I agree with that.
For the same reason, those who like PVP don't do it with the Brita Weapons mod, where the weapons are "more realistic ", because it becomes a question of who shoots first.

My suggestion is that the server admin can choose whether the knockdown of firearms is enabled/disabled on players.

Currently this can't even be done by mods as (I believe) there is something hardcoded in the game that adds a probability of triggering the fall animation when getting shot.

EDIT: 

I would also like to add that a cooldawn should be required to log out.

Players should wait X seconds in a safe place before being able to quit to the main menu.

If you have received damage from another player, when giving ALT+F4 the player should remain in place for 60 seconds, immobile, (maybe immune to zombies?), to punish players who practice combat logging

Every PVP game needs to have this kind of mechanics.

We, admins, don't want to get off the couch to have to go to the server to look in the logs if the person really gave Combat Logging or not.

My opinion reflects the feedback from players on my server, where there is a PVP zone...

Edited by P_menta
add another sugestion related