flood setting in sandbox

FinalPhantasm

I'm fairly certain swimming is not in the game. However flooding is an interesting proposition. Intense weather could easily cause flooding. It would be interesting to see what the actual areas history is in regards to this.

10 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

I like it. Any mechanic that allows certain routes to become impassable would add to the sense of immersion. Things don't always work out in real life, why not zomboid?

There's a boat mod that exists which allows swimming in game at the moment. No idea if it is on the devs radar.

I'm not 100% sure but I think devs don't want boats or swimming so the Ohio stays a natural barrier.

About the idea, it sounds cool but seems like a lot of work for it to look good.

I would love to see varying depths of water. It would be cool to ford or wade through shallower streams and such. And maybe have shallow bits freeze and be walkable during winter, and maybe flood more in the spring, making it deeper, or add a current mechanic that can sweep a character off their feet, giving all gear carried maximum "wetness" value. Maybe cause stuff to weigh more when wet as well.

Make moisture a threat.

Speaking of which, anyone know the actual effects.of being wet in game, at the moment? I know it can cause you to get a cold, but I don't know if that is weather/temperature dependent or not.

Edited by Papa Juliet Whiskey