Endyr - play together! (or die alone)

Yhoko

Then this is for you:

Lifetime account special

The monthly fee for playing Endyr will be EUR 5 (about US$ 7), with no additional charges (except maybe for purely decorative premium items). Now many people asked for a one-time fee instead, so here it is!

As a special offer (and to support the dev) you may now pre-order your lifetime account for only EUR 29.90 - That's right, less than it costs to extend your account for a full year! Not to mention that the longer you live, the more you safe ;-)

Take this offer to enjoy Endyr as often or as rarely as you like. Freed from the pressure to make it "worth your money" every single month. On top of that, pre-ordering allows you to join even secret beta tests of upcoming features.

Please keep in mind that this unqiue offer is only available during development - so get it while you can! Well, lifetime accounts will still be available later but at a much higher cost and without the beta invitations.

Oh and I have a few questions:

Is this an MMORPG?

Is this online?

Is there a singleplayer? (Sorry but I want to play these kind crafting-survival games, which I LOVE expecially in 2d cause I really LOVE the old style graphics games, in single player, because IDK I can't think about a kind of this game online like an MMORPG, and personally I hate MMORPGS)

Then.. sorry if I disagree with a point and I may seem an unpleasant or a dick, but I like games where you pay ex: "30 euro" like your game and then, it's yours. But it's just my opinion, I am just saying that I don't like the selling method but I understand that you need more money to develop more contents and that probably you are alone (Probably, not much informed).

Hello Ghosk,

You either misunderstood or did not read the Endyr website at all. Endyr is a MMO and there's no singleplayer mode as it runs directly from my server. Furthermore there have been alpha tests and a public alpha or beta will soon be carried out - consider these as demos.

The one time fee of EUR 29.90 is a special offer for those who don't want to pay each month. I made this up because some people told me that monthly fees are like forcing you to play often (in order to get the most out of your money). I totally agree with them and there will be lifetime accounts even after the release - just much more expensive.

And yes, I'm working alone and I need the money to keep the development up.

Yhoko

Hello Ghosk,

You either misunderstood or did not read the Endyr website at all. Endyr is a MMO and there's no singleplayer mode as it runs directly from my server. Furthermore there have been alpha tests and a public alpha or beta will soon be carried out - consider these as demos.

The one time fee of EUR 29.90 is a special offer for those who don't want to pay each month. I made this up because some people told me that monthly fees are like forcing you to play often (in order to get the most out of your money). I totally agree with them and there will be lifetime accounts even after the release - just much more expensive.

And yes, I'm working alone and I need the money to keep the development up.

Yhoko

I've read the website but I was a bit confused on it, I am sorry. What about a trial time or at least some gameplay videos??

I mean, you can't buy a game if you have no idea of how it works, and if you just know what it's about.

Hm okay, I'll try to improve the website then. Thanks for your feedback.

I'd love to present gameplay videos but unfortunately I can't show how the game works yet. I could show the game mechanics, eg. how to walk around, interact with things, craft stuff, etc. but I think that would leave a wrong impression of the gameplay. Endyr is all about player co-operation but that's exactly the part that is still in development and not ready to be shown. In other words, I can't present the game yet and that's also the reason why there's no public beta yet. So for the moment all I can offer is screenshots and descriptions.

After a public release/beta, of course, there will be a trial mode and I hope some players will make nice "let's play" videos of Endyr. Until then the (much cheaper) pre-ordering is my way of rewarding those who believe in me and in Endyr becoming a great game.

Hm okay, I'll try to improve the website then. Thanks for your feedback. I'd love to present gameplay videos but unfortunately I can't show how the game works yet. I could show the game mechanics, eg. how to walk around, interact with things, craft stuff, etc. but I think that would leave a wrong impression of the gameplay. Endyr is all about player co-operation but that's exactly the part that is still in development and not ready to be shown. In other words, I can't present the game yet and that's also the reason why there's no public beta yet. So for the moment all I can offer is screenshots and descriptions. After a public release/beta, of course, there will be a trial mode and I hope some players will make nice "let's play" videos of Endyr. Until then the (much cheaper) pre-ordering is my way of rewarding those who believe in me and in Endyr becoming a great game.

Look, I LOVE survival games, expecially with the graphics of yours (to be honest eheh), but I never trusted like an only developer making a game. This time I am trusting you looking what you've done  and this could be awesome. I'll be waiting and looking at the game at least untill you can release some video so I can get an idea and decide if to buy it. Oh and another thing I like is that you look at comments and reply, well just as developers of PZ most of times they reply to you, and I say that not many developers do it. It's great.

That's totally okay, just skip the pre-ordering reward then and wait for the release. I'm still looking forward to see you in the next alpha/beta or in the final game :-)

And thanks; I've been developing online (browser-) games for 10 years now and the players were always glad to have a "direct line" to the admin. To me it's important to hear the voices and sometimes I sneak-in bugfixes of exploits I just heard (this is btw. one of the main reasons why I don't make offline games anymore).

One more thing. I decided to follow your suggestion and create some videos. Not only to show the game mechanics but also to get experience in screen capturing and video editing (yeah, I'm really poor at this). The first one is just a short test, showing the character creation screen - here you go:

Please note that the hairstyles might not make it into the final game as I got them from a character creation tool. If somehow possible I'll come up with my own pixel artwork.

Nice work, thanks for the video! By the way about pixel art, as far as I know (I am not an expert or something) it should be easy to do. It's all in using the right colours. (IDK if you already do, but if you get into it you can do all by yourself).

Keep up the good work, I'll wait a bit, look forward more for the game and when is the moment, buy the game and try it :)

this section concerns me:

As a special offer (and to support the dev) you may now pre-order your lifetime account for only EUR 29.90. That's even less than extending your game time for a full year – not to mention that the longer you live, the more you safe ;-)

does this mean that if you die in the game, not only do you have to start a new character, but also create a new account? as in if i pre-order the game now, and later i die in the game, i would lose my lifetime subscription?

I work with audio. Mostly I write music (EDM) But i can do just about anything with audio as needed. (mixing, recording, small edits, large edits, remixes, etc...)

The majority of my work has been for myself, but now im trying to get 'out there'. Just give me a list of SFX you want and we could go from there?

https://soundcloud.com/myxd

if you want to check out some of my work.

• 1 month later...

Not quite new but let me show you a chat screenshot:

chat_log.jpg

Now for the real news here's the fishing net:

fishing_net.jpg

Basically you just pull it through the water and hope for a catch - simple and easy.

In contrary the fishing rod needs you to react in order to catch a fish:

fishing_rod.jpg

You may take worms or smaller fish as bait. What's out there to catch is up to you to find out ;-)

Good fishing everyone!

Yhoko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Lots of them! Blame me for holding them back but making screenshots and posting news is very time-consuming. But since you're asking I did the work and here we go (making it quick; less talking, more screenshots):

The Bastion

I completely overhauled the castle which is now called the Bastion and populated by NPCs. This allowed me to add several mini-quests like for example, clean the commander's boots:

dirty_boots.jpg

Most of the NPCs are decorative refugees and will tell you story pieces or just talk for fun.

endyr_doris.jpg

Lux

When Endyr was born I didn't want to add gold as a currency but now I had to add some kind of money to the game (because of the NPCs). Therefore you can now earn and spend Lux:

lux_currency.jpg

New menu tabs for buying and selling stuff:

endyr_shopping.jpg

endyr_hunter.jpg

Leatherworks

Furthermore I added a tanning frame and fur to the game:

endyr_tanning.jpg

Animals were changed to frop fur so you can now salvage and work with leather.

Light and shadow

And finally I had nice ideas for the lighting engine which is probably best shown by screenshots:

comparison.gif

endyr_scatter.jpg

Stickers

Side effect: I recently added stickers (collection game) to Yhoko.com and -of course- spent Endyr a custom set:

endyr.jpg

Now you're up-to-date :-) Oh and remember the lifetime accounts pre-ordering is still open! (but closing soon)

Yhoko

• 2 months later...