Second Floor Walls never render (But only while on Second Floor)

Blake81

This is a problem I've been noticing for a while, as now there are a lot more building with open second floors than before. But I reckon it might not be recent.

So, whenever you are on the exterior second floor of a building, be it player made or vanilla, ALL OF ITS WALLS GET CUTAWAY.

20220418213816_1.thumb.jpg.e941b60656ef18edf597697b95a3c846.jpg

And as you can see here, it even allows effects like fog or darkness to get "inside" so to speak.

20220418213824_1.thumb.jpg.6dd7043bf869a6bcce4d68056b681b4c.jpg

If I walk out of that room, you'll notice that the walls still don't render. However, if I descend to the first floor, or even just leave the second floor and stand on the stairs-

20220418213834_1.thumb.jpg.fd29d7c92583c23b7c9398da1e8bb0a9.jpg

The walls magically pop back up again.

Now, I don't have a screenshot of this, but if you go up to a 3rd floor (which I don't have on my base), suddenly, ALL WALLS START TO RENDER, 2nd floor, 3rd floor et al, and start behaving normally just like when you're on second floor.

This is a problem that kinda makes second floor buildings rather annoying, for it always seems like you have no walls, and the fog gets inside.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like this is the same issue that I'm having - so I wanted to post here to confirm. I've built-out the 2nd floor of the large warehouse in Muldragh, and I get different viewpoints based on where I am -- if I'm on the old, pre-existing section of 2nd floor, I can see the outside walls and everything is fine. (And I have inside temperatures). When I move onto the player-made wooden flooring, the old pre-existing part of the 2nd floor fades out and it's like I'm outside. The temp drops, and I can hear sloshing as I walk around when it's raining.

Here are the screenshots to demonstrate what I'm talking about:

This is when I'm standing on the metal/pre-existing floor of the 2nd floor:

pz_when_on_old_floor.thumb.png.ee4928288fd7f2d60b61b5df5db76c5c.png

And this is what I see (along with temperature drop and outside conditions (rain, etc) when I step onto the flooring that I added:

pz_when_on_new_floor.thumb.png.0a987d1df0777a4ece47f88a092bbbc5.png