Barefoot injury by walking on carpet and Co. + unrealistic ramping engine sound issues and bugged car key (seat switching glitch).

bluepanda

(Info, it is a repost of my topics from reddit, for the proving concept of "This shouldn't be like this" via video footage, please refer to the reddit topics, as their clip-upload process is more convenient than imgur's or youtube's.)

This shouldn't behave like this. It is more logical and correct hurting yourself when walking on plain old wood (even with shoes!) than on modern, polished ones. At the very least, walking on carpet, parquet floor, bath tiles and such shouldn't damage your character at all. There is nothing which will ever damage you.

Since people comment that, the development is going further and further with the recent sound adjustments, do also please consider taking a look into this:

Asked for more details over there on Reddit about the foot thing, but the tl;dr is so long as the building has a valid building definition, it shouldn't be possible to be injured indoors.

For the car issues, it looks like you have "easy vehicles" on, which is why you're able to respawn the car key despite placing it in the glove box. I don't really get how that's possible, given that the gastank isn't full, but that's the way I'm able to reproduce that behavior. 

Switching seats does not restart the engine for me or repeat/dsync the engine startup sound, so I believe that's already fixed internally.

Not noticing any problems with sound volume, but I wouldn't be surprised if mods implemented their own sound volumes or still relied on ogg/wav files for custom sounds. Engine power/quality also affects the sound volume of vanilla cars, iirc. 

I have to say, it's really hard to take feedback at face value when debug mode + mods are clearly visible in the videos trying to demonstrate the problem. It would be much better for no mods to be present whatsoever and to be playing without debug so that we can clearly see what's going on.

I am def getting injured indoors while moving without shoes. I also get injured moving across various forms of pavement that should not be injuring me either including manicured lawns roadways and sidewalks. But that is outside. I've done lots of testing involving taking my shoes off and running around.

Edited by Jack Bower

1 hour ago, Jack Bower said:

I am def getting injured indoors while moving without shoes. I also get injured moving across various forms of pavement that should not be injuring me either including manicured lawns roadways and sidewalks. But that is outside. I've done lots of testing involving taking my shoes off and running around.

There is specifically an exception for grass (that it not harm you), but that might not apply to all grassy tiles.

Is it in all buildings or only certain buildings that cause injuries? If only certain buildings, could you point them out on map.projectzomboid.com? Testers had no luck with this, so not quite sure what to make of it myself.