Constant pain

reinhart

Question

Hi,

I got into combat, and then my character's arm got scratched. After I bandaged it, of course pain turned into worse pain. My character have hypochondriac and prone to illness, so soon after I got the nauseated moodle, I eat and drink to normally (so no moodle about me being hungry, or overfed) and sleep when needed, my fever passed, but I still had the pain. And then this just keeps happening, I keep getting cured, and then nauseated and fever again, and then I'm fine again. This cycles through for 4 -5 times (all within 10 - 15 minutes) and all the while my character is just constantly in pain. My character status doesn't ever say zombiefied throughout.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Is he just going to keep being paranoid forever and in pain forever?

10 answers to this question

im pretty sure its a bug with the hypochondriac trait, your character will just continuously get sick over and over ive heard.

it might stop on its own, in one game i had a recurring fever that came back maybe 3 times and then stopped. It was from eating rotten food though

I actually like hypochondriac and take it on all of my characters. The pain and fever do come back a few times, but in my experience they always go away after a while if you're not actually infected. It'd be helpful if you think this is definitely a bug if you could give exact time frames for what moodles you get when and for how long- it's possible you're just infected and are delaying the inevitable while eating. It usually doesn't say zombified for quite a while.

I actually like hypochondriac and take it on all of my characters. The pain and fever do come back a few times, but in my experience they always go away after a while if you're not actually infected. It'd be helpful if you think this is definitely a bug if you could give exact time frames for what moodles you get when and for how long- it's possible you're just infected and are delaying the inevitable while eating. It usually doesn't say zombified for quite a while.

I've since abandoned that save and would rather not try it again.

I can give you my recollection if that helps, but otherwise I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

I've gone through around 5 loops of getting the sick moodle and have it progress all the way up to the fever moodle before it goes away for a short while and then come back. The first 3 - 4 times I ate, it would take 1 - 2 days to progress fully to fever, and then it would go away for a day or two before coming back. On the last time, I just simply gave up eating, it likewise came after 1 - 2 days, and progressed up to fever in 2 - 3 days. As always my health lowered to 1/4, and then when the fever had gone my health just went all the way back to around 90%.

When you say the fever and pain does go away after a while, how long is that? It certain did not go away for 5 - 10 days.

I'll certainly report back if my current character gets infected again though, as I usually make a backup save and then let it run its course to see if I should bother keep playing.

Sorry for the double post, but I have an update. I got scratched again with the hypochondriac trait. This time I just forego eating. The agony is always there, and the disease would play out in almost 24 hours, and then it'd come back in the next 24 hours, and repeat the loop. I watched this play out for at least 6 - 7 times before I decided to just quit. I've not eaten all throughout and gotten to the very hungry state where my healing's severely reduced (yet I still healed when the disease go away). I didn't bother to go any further because I believe the next stage of hunger would have started to kill me.

Cool, thanks EnigmaGrey for passing it on, and thanks EasyPickins for fixing it! :) I was wondering if it was something not resetting in the background, although I wasn't sure what.

Sorry I missed your reply Rathlord, I've just sort of left it after EnigmaGrey said he'd pass it on.