Hi, new and new-ish members!  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Would you call yourself at least fairly new?

• Sure! Why not? I've been here less than two months.
    • Not really. I've been here for a while. Longer than two months.
    • I have been in this community since it was handmade and stuff.
    • I joined right around 2.9.
    • I'm re-entering this community after leaving for a while.

Hey everyone. I have been on the old forums for about over 2 years now, and just now decided to rejoin. Still confused as to why they didn't carry over the database from the old forums.

I initially told TIS to upgrade their forum to xenforo, or at least another paid forum software as (I believe it was phpbb) was very outdated, and didn't look the best. After getting shut down by everyone saying they had better things to do with their time and money, I see they have FINALLY decided to upgrade it :) I even offered to help out as I have over 10 years of foruming experience, and could have easily added the database if they used xenforo <3

Any way, glad to be here, and love the updates they've added since I have left.

Hey everyone. I have been on the old forums for about over 2 years now, and just now decided to rejoin. Still confused as to why they didn't carry over the database from the old forums.

I initially told TIS to upgrade their forum to xenforo, or at least another paid forum software as (I believe it was phpbb) was very outdated, and didn't look the best. After getting shut down by everyone saying they had better things to do with their time and money, I see they have FINALLY decided to upgrade it :) I even offered to help out as I have over 10 years of foruming experience, and could have easily added the database if they used xenforo <3

The version of phpBB was too old to do a simple phpBB update and too old to carry over the database to IPB. :)

Welcome back, guru

I joined the community not long before getting the game a week ago, and it's downright bizarre seeing the difference between this community and most other video game ones. I'm mostly a console gamer, so I'm used to seeing forums of man-children and actual children, and it seems so weird to see a group of people on the internet acting pleasant. I have to say that how pleasant the community seemed was a big factor in my purchase!

The trick is keeping a sniper aimed at our heads. *cough*

I MEAN

Everything is nice and happy ^_^

Hi fellow zomboids, quite new to the forums but have been following this game for quite awhile now.

I find Indie stone and Goldhawk (Xenonauts), two of the more caring game developers and wish them both all the best for the future.

What's up all! I'm American. 36. New to forums. Just discovered PZ through a weemcast let's-play. I was checking out Rimworld when I found PZ. I played RW for about four days. The darkness and desperation of PZ has got me hooked (80+ hrs).  I've never had an online presence in Steam, on Redditt, or any Indie forum. After having a issue with the game after an auto-update on Steam, I discovered how awesome this community is! I've just been enjoying this game so much, that in some ways, I thought it'd be nice to provide some feedback and support. 

There's something really powerful about this game. It'll startle and surprise you. There's a deep level of investment in each play-through. A real satisfaction in building survival conditions. And a real loss when you make a mistake..

I've thoroughly enjoyed this game. Glad to contribute. Thx Indie Stone! 

Oh there's a welcome thread,

Yello peps I'm a resident of the former viking reign of Sweden and got the PZ bug to the bone. Just started playing couple of days ago and I can't stop!  :cry:

I'm currently studying but I'm also making games on the side. I found this game from my little personal research on survival games as they have become violently popular over a very short period of time. This one caught my eye with it's dark, hardcore and non-gamey approach. A true gem!

Right now I'm bug hunting the IWBUMS build trying to help get it to release in the best shape possible. Actually I waste more time debugging this game than I do on my own game, it's kind of like the "cleaning someone elses room" dilemma, it's just more fun  :-D

The version of phpBB was too old to do a simple phpBB update and too old to carry over the database to IPB. :)

Welcome back, guru

It wasn't age that stopped the import. I spent many hours trying to get it to import, but the old boards had been modded too much, and the changes the mods had edited into the forum database kept tripping up the import code. So, a lesson for you, young whippersnapper, be careful with your forum mods! :)

And welcome!

Hello everyone,

Greetings from France, I'm 25, started playing zomboid maybe 2 years ago back when you started the game by killing your wife with a pillow.

Came back recently to PZ with the steam release and only thing I can say, the dev as done some great things! Hope this continues.

Anyway hi to everyone, eagered to meet you all on the new multiplayer :evil:

Hi! I was a lurker here for a while, before deciding to make a profile and my own welcome post. At this point in time I didn't have Proect Zomboid for money and parental reasons, but God spoke and sent speckle to my thread, gifting me with this wonderful game. And whilst I haven't had time to really play during the past week or so, I'm still a massive fan of this game and I'm going to write many fan fictions about it! When I get time, terms and conditions apply. Please see back of box for details

Hi everybody! I'm from good old America and have been here about a month. I actually played the original demo with Kate and Baldspot back a long time ago. Until about a couple of months ago I had occasionally checked the game to see what it was like. After seeing Mathas's Let's play on YouTube I finally decided to buy the game on steam. Since then I've become addicted to PZ and have played it for over 70 hours. I absolutely love this game. Plus the community is awesome. I've never seen a community as cool as this one.