Question, why is the barricades are not set inside of house, but outside?

obj263

Of course, I know that there is no proper way to remove the barricades inside.

But I don't understand. Barricades must be set upped at inside, not outside. And also the barricades are stop not only zombies but also people, even the players. And think about it, a house owner or what, how can they barricade outside and how can get in their own house? 

Whatever the problem is, I think the barricade on the outside looks a little awkward.

p.s My English skill is not good. I am sorry for that.

Edited by obj263

• obj263 changed the title to Question, why is the barricades are not set inside of house, but outside?

You actually can barricade from both sides, in- and outside. If you stand outside you barricade outside, if you go indoors and barricade you nail the planks on the inside. You can setup indeed both sides and double the barricade - a max of 8 planks per window/door.

And yes the barricades do block people, why would they not?

Barricading against zombies is best done outside realistically speaking. If you barricade from the inside, the zombies would just need to drive the nails out of the wall, which is quite trivial compared to actually breaking the plank, which they would have to do from the outside. That being said, at least one door should remain unbarricaded / should be barricaded from the inside for the above reasons.

Against people, planks are no obstacle from either side

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxX

3 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I think he's talking about barricaded safehouses generated on the map and he's right, all windows and doors are barricaded from the outside so how they could get inside? 

Ah yes this is what I want to ask. Thanks.

A lot of the baricaded houses tend to have a handfull of zeds inside of them. Unless it's unintended, janky coding resulting in this, I have got to assume that someone barricaded them in as opposed to keep them out.

Maybe someone holding out hope that they can find a cure their infected friends and family.

Of course, the weapon stashes almost suggest that is less the case.

I don't know the proper answer to this. Perhaps one of moderators can clarify this better.

The fact that there's zombies in there is really down to 2 factors: 1) there are currently no other form of npcs in the game, so the only other option is deserted (which would remove any kind of risk from searching it beyond the basic risk involved with any house) 2) the idea behind zombies in a safehouse is the typical tragic stories. Someone got bid and hid it. Someone was bit and the others thought they could cure them. They holed up but then the second wave of the airborne variant got them. Just a few examples.