About mapping/scenario

Atsumori

Just one thought... Will we be seeing the map as it is (only flat) or will there be elevated areas? (like when going up a hill or down a road). I don't know if isometric would allow changes without glitches or making the game heavier to run :c
But would be cool to see those differentiations in land :/
As i know (basic isometric technic drawing) for example, that if we elevate an area by a square, it would have to fit the other side by this square (same height) to achiev this kind of idea.

Here, I looked it up for youÖ

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1844-iso-revolution/

Look at the end of the post, Lemmy writes:

- Terrain heightmap and freeform texturing. Imagine running through the wilderness over hills and into ditches, falling off cliffs, digging the ground out for construction, natural cave systems. We’re no longer shackled to the isometric flatness and 90 degree roads. The potential for making the wilderness an infinitely more exciting place to be is very exciting.

But remember that the post only talks about possibilities not plans. When the changes on the 3D are implemented in the beginning, you're not going to see a huge difference on anything other than performance, if I'm not 100% bullshitting you. And the performance will be for the better.

Also to add, it would be quite a task for Mash to do the map changes that a height map would require. It is a possibility, but don't get your hopes up too much.