[FIXED] [41.68] Unable to move items from container after transfer to inventory is interrupted

ProjoidZombect

Basically, when a transfer from the container/floor to your inventory gets interrupted due to you running out of weight capacity, you cannot start transferring any items again for a short period of time and may need to move away from the container before it will allow you to transfer again.

Example steps to reproduce:

1. Equip a backpack and select it as your current inventory

2. Find a container holding enough items to fill the backpack (let's say the trunk of a van holding many logs)

3. Start transferring the log pile into the backpack

4. Wait until you run out of space in the backpack, which will interrupt the transfer

5. Switch to your main inventory and try to move more logs into it

6. The action will attempt to start but then immediately stop, and you won't be able to move the logs until you wait some time/move away from the trunk

There are a lot of variations on this that can happen. I don't think it happens if you get interrupted while placing items into a container due to its weight limit, though.

I experience this while playing as client on a local/player server hosted by a friend, but I think it also happens to the host. This is not a new issue in 41.68.

Edited by ProjoidZombect
Bug was fixed in a patch a while ago.

i have the same behaviour.

example : you select a bunch of stuff to transfer from your backpack, you move slightly to interrupt the transfert but stay near the destination container so it remains on the "focused" destination container. then you try to transfer something again : wont work until you "change focus" to another container and back to the first one.

kind of frustrating, yes. 

8 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Could you make a video of this happening and post it here, please? I'm trying to repro but having no luck here :( 

@Pandorea I will try to record a video soon. In the meantime, maybe take a look at the steps posted by FloLePanda, as that's also a case where I've had this happen before and seems to be the same root issue.

Steps to reproduce with backpack:

Spawn some logs and drop em on the floor.

Select your backpack and press LootAll.

image.thumb.png.45db73a0acaa5cc26adcdcab0ef08818.png

Your character will fill the backpack with as many logs as it can hold.

image.thumb.png.411b957add67bc7201664c79dcd951a0.png

Now select your inventory and press LootAll again.

image.thumb.png.62005de56e753087ed188bb2afdd3388.png

Now you will notice, no matter how many times u press LootAll or double click the logs to loot em, your character is stuck from looting for about 5 seconds.

Steps to reproduce without backpack:

Spawn some logs and drop em on the floor.

Walk to the logs and loot 1 or more logs, halfway looting a log, move slightly to interrupt the loot.

Try looting 1 or more logs again, it will prevent u from looting for 5 seconds.

Another step that sometimes bugs out:

Spawn some logs and drop em on the floor.

Walk to the logs and loot enough to exceed ur carrying capacity (20 see pic) without a moodle popping op.

image.png

Move away 2 tiles, and head back to the remaining logs and try to loot them.

It will bug out again and prevent u from looting for 5 seconds.

The last step does not seem to bug out always.

Edited by Zharek
Added same image twice

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, Pandorea said:

Hmm... still no go :( and I can loot without any delays. So yeah, a video would be great (in case I'm looking at it all wrong)

Here's the video. These steps don't require a backpack. I just try to Grab All on the log pile, then I walk to the left to interrupt it. When I walk back and try to Grab All, it doesn't work. I tried Loot All and it started picking up the planks, so I cancelled that and retried the logs, and repeated the steps to show it breaking a second time.

7 hours ago, Yana M.D. said:

Still unable to replicate in Vanilla after creating a brand new save :( Likely caused by the mods.

Just started hosting a new local game without any mods, admin spawned in a log pile, and the same issue occurs.

I noticed the 41.69 patch notes say something about fixing a bug when inventory transfers are interrupted. If you were testing on that patch, is it possible this bug was fixed?

Fixed being unable to transfer the same item between containers until a timeout expires, if the first attempt was interrupted. This happened in multiplayer only.

Edit: Here's a video of reproducing the bug on a clean save/server.

Edited by ProjoidZombect

Yes, our server has this bug too.

It happens, when the transfer is interrupted because any of:

1. slightly moving character

2. target container has no more space

3. pressing Esc

And then you cannot move the source stack of items, transfer of which has been interrupted, until a few seconds passed.

It appeared after last .68 patch. Maybe due the new anti dupe fixes?

Edited by Fregrant

5 hours ago, Yana M.D. said:

Most likely :(

Are you reproducing this on 41.69 or 41.68? Because the 41.69 unstable patch notes mention a fix for an issue that sounds very similar to this one.

I also don't really see how it would be possible for this issue to depend on the save file. Seems likely to be a pretty straightforward code bug.

Edited by ProjoidZombect

• ProjoidZombect changed the title to [FIXED] [41.68] Unable to move items from container after transfer to inventory is interrupted