Server settings: which ones cause a server wipe?

dopeybo11ox

Hi Folks, I'm new to PZ and absolutely loving the game. I run a dedicated server from Nitrado which i set up for the first time a few days ago. I need to change some settings that I set wrong as I didnt realise the effect fully, namely the loot spawn rate and water/power shut off days. Will these settings regenrate my game map and overwrite the current game save thus meaning a server wipe?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that there is a setting to wipe/reset your server (or I have not found it).

If you want to reset your server you need to

stop it

delete some files

db/{servername}.db

Saves/Multiplayer/{servername}

backups/* (optional I think)

start your server 

Now you should start on a fresh server

You can leave {servername}.db if you want to keep your whitelist however, only delete the contents of  Saves/Multiplayer/>>>{servername}<<<, and when you log back in, delete any player safehouses on login (all admins will also be kept which can be helpful if doing reimbursments)

On 4/20/2022 at 5:43 PM, Intulect said:

You can leave {servername}.db if you want to keep your whitelist however, only delete the contents of  Saves/Multiplayer/>>>{servername}<<<, and when you log back in, delete any player safehouses on login (all admins will also be kept which can be helpful if doing reimbursments)

.db file contains no game info itself? Thanks for this valuable piece of info. 

• 1 month later...

Archived