WorldEd wont show what's in Tiled [Answered]

RiseToDefeat

So I have been trying to get this to work and I cant find any articles or videos to help me so this is my last resort. I have been trying to make my first map and when I place things in Tiled they will not show up in WorldEd. Here are some pictures to help. [Edit] I am also using the latest March 14th 2022 Version.

This is what I did to the road in Tiled

0JZyIwJ.png

And this is how it shows in WorldEd

HDOYuaI.png

I don't know if this is part of the problem but the editor acts very weird, As you can see in the first picture my sidewalk fits perfectly, I thought this problem occurred because I named the layers custom. But if I name it to what it should be it dosent work and my side walk gets cut in half. Also if I try placing the sidewalk tiles on the base Floor layer they will not show at all.

FNC0PJF.png

Here is my preferences for each editor.

Tiled

OMlQEF4.png

WorldEd

S8RAsiv.png

Please if anyone could help or refer me to another article I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by RiseToDefeat
Spelling error

3 hours ago, RingoD123 said:

In TileZed you only want to create and use layers that have the same names as the layers you see in BuildingEd/WorldEd.

Ok thank you, I'm still having problems with it so I'm just going to restart the map from the ground up again. Is there any documentation on this I could read up on? And Is this how it should be? 

l2rWEtk.png

1 hour ago, RiseToDefeat said:

Ok thank you, I'm still having problems with it so I'm just going to restart the map from the ground up again. Is there any documentation on this I could read up on? And Is this how it should be? 

l2rWEtk.png

In WorldEd click on the little arrow next to layer 0 in the layers window on the right, those are the names you want to use for your layers, with either 0_ or 1_ etc at the start depending on the level you want to place tiles on. So "0_Floor, 0_FloorOverlay, 0_FloorOverlay2" etc.

36 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

In WorldEd click on the little arrow next to layer 0 in the layers window on the right, those are the names you want to use for your layers, with either 0_ or 1_ etc at the start depending on the level you want to place tiles on. So "0_Floor, 0_FloorOverlay, 0_FloorOverlay2" etc.

Ok I understand it now, Thank you! 

• RiseToDefeat changed the title to WorldEd wont show what's in Tiled [Answered]