There's not even a drop of ammunition in barricaded houses anywhere.

Irken Empire

I've spawned in Muldraugh and looted several barricaded houses, most of them didn't have anything loot related to this "special" house, but the closets which had an axe/spear/wood axe/rarely machete/pipes/spiked baseball bats, the other parts of the house were filled with new and old foods, counters etc. which used to spawn a lot of nice gear now just have pancake mix, dried kidneys beans and regualr amounts of canned food, some only had a dish towel, saucepan, spoon, can opener. Now I thought this might be because the house was too small, so I went to March Ridge to look for those huge house complexes that may be barricaded and I found 3 of them, but loot was the same, only closets had something useful. This could be a bug due to the new foods and loot, but idk that's why I'm posting this here.

Loot spawns have been changed and "no weapons in kitchen / bathroom counters" is part of that change. That is intended. 

No guns or ammo - is a different matter. I'll rise this issue with the team.

Oh, weapons should spawn in "extra" boxes / small cupboard rooms / metal shelves in bigger houses. So, if the house only has wardrobes as storage for example - there will be no guns.