The Garden State

Typha

Disclaimer: This is only a place holder until enough of the map is plotted out to show the public

New Jersey

This project will eventually encompass the western counties of New Jersey, bordering the Delaware river. The beginning stages of this project are my hometown of Bordentown and the edges of Trenton. As an overview, these are the counties I plan on implementing and the according towns. Though I would love to make the entire state, realistically I don't think it's possible for a one woman crew to do.

Burlington County

- Bordentown Township

- Hamilton Township

- Mt. Holly

Mercer County

- Trenton

Camden County

- Camden

- Cherry Hill

Let me know what people think of this and if i should just continue making other parts of New Jersey, or go over the river and map out Philadelphia. The input is greatly welcomed

This map in in violation of forum rules against posting empty threads.

That's stupid, why should I dedicate my time to a large map like this without first knowing if people will actually want it. Or when I'm finished, someone already making a map similar to mine. If you would like to see more maps that are based off video games and fantasy worlds, then fine delete my empty thread. But if you understand that creating a representational map like the one in PZ that resembles the real world takes ALOT of time and planning, then please be kind enough to let my tread stay so i can gradually implement images of the map.

The modding community seems to be very scairce in PZ and if this is how you treat new developments, no wonder why there are so few projects being started.

The modding community seems to be very scairce in PZ and if this is how you treat new developments, no wonder why there are so few projects being started.

Well it didn't use to be this way. The old PZ forums were pumping out new ideas/mods everyday till steam came around. Once we reach a stable build again you can expect more mods to return as features get re-implemented. As for this post I would've suggested about putting it in the Mod Ideas and Requests section but you do have a valid point of reason as to why this thread is empty. I highly doubt this thread will be deleted but most likely moved so no worries Typha. e655HZo.gif

Regarding the map idea, I honestly care not for location I just want new community maps to explore so create away my friend. RSOxn2I.gif

I'd think the rule is mainly to avoid spamming. If you think that everyone would post their ideas in the wip section without the intent of discussion about the subject the forum would get a bit clogged. Now I'm not saying this is the case here, quite the opposite, but it's just how you interpret it.

Also you're taking it a bit seriously. No moderator has given you a warning about this right? This is also the reason why we should leave moderating to the moderators and just report the topic if we feel it is infringing the forum rules. :)

Lastly I think it's a great idea and I'd like to help if I have the time. I'm making a rather large map project myself atm, but I'm not going to talk about that until I see if I have the willpower to finish it. :P Also good luck with this! :)

This sounds like a map I would enjoy playing! I liked PZ from the sec I first played it. When I found out that Knox county actually exists, and that it looks pretty authentic in the game, I felt like it took the game and its realism to the next level. 

I have, always wanted to play a game that is set in my own neighbourhood, and I have started working myself on the building I live in :geek:. Just getting the building right is extremely time consuming, so I have feared that going further with my project of mapping out the part of Stockholm, where I live, might just be to big (I am learning the tools as I go along). 

But if you manage to make even a small part of New Jersey or Philadelphia then that would probably make me feel less like I'm in over my head. It would also be pretty cool to bash in some zed-heads in the Jersey Gardens mall in Elizabeth (I think its called Elizabeth :wacko:). I went there a couple of years ago and unless I remember it wrong, it shouldn't be far from Newark Liberty International.  

Please continue your work with, or without Jersey Gardens! :)     

I think it would be cool if you tried to do Gloucester County too. Specifically like Franklinville, Turnersville, Williamstown, and Sewell. But this is your gig so it's up too you, overall I think this is a cool idea. I wanted to do something like this but just Gloucester County but I don't know how to do any of the stuff needed to make a map. And I've been pretty busy lately so I don't really have much time to learn.

http://newjersey.hometownlocator.com/nj/gloucester/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry this may be considered a necro post but I just had to reply. I first would like to say that I think this is an excellent idea, I live in New Jersey myself and I would love to see parts of it in PZ especially my area (Ocean County). I tried redoing my neighbourhood but I just didn't have the time to do it. I can't wait to see your work and I would love to play on your map if it is ever released.

yeah, this was made about 6 months ago, and obviously no progress pictures have come along.

why not see if you can get the hang of making a mod map yourself? could be fun/interesting/annoying/aggravating and then fun again.....in no particular order