Suggestions for future PZ

PinkPichu

There was a time where PZ never appealed to me when I used to play it with my ex years ago but now coming back to it and playing with my friends has made me spend so many hours on it and has made it one of my favorites along games like rimworld. So here are some things that I would like to suggest.

Enhanced cooking

There are lot of ingredients, condiments, meat etc in the game but not many dishes to make. Would be nice if you can make things like pizza among other stuff(including some fancy dishes). 

Buff and Debuff System

A system that give you temporary buffs and debuffs. whether you are eating a food that energizes you so you don't become fatigued more quickly or drinking whiskey/bourbon to reduce the speed of becoming cold in winter, this will go hand in hand with my enhanced cooking suggestion so different food/drinks can do different things for you. on a side note, a goofy thing I thought of was players could play with the rubix cube and it has an RNG element to it where there's a low chance of solving it and when you do you get a nice little buff from it and if you fail then you get a debuff so kind of like a risk vs reward kind of thing lol.

Lower infection but greater combat

I know there are settings that can do this but hear me out, one of the things that quickly annoyed me was how easily you can get infected. The main thing that can damage you is zombies & every other element can be avoided very easily like wearing boots, removing glass before going through window etc. But the problem was that you don't want to get hit by zombies at all because there's a chance to get infected by even a scratch. This also makes the first aid skill quite useless because whats the point of leveling if any wound from zombies can be potential infection. I know that if you lower the infection side of things, you will take away the challenge but the challenge can be replaced in more of combat/Health managing form by giving zombies a couple of abilities like leaping, having special types of zombies, maybe something dangerous that spawns at night and despawns when its morning. This way you maintain the challenge level but in a less annoying way and you don't have to remove infection just simply make it bite only like in the settings and there can be ways they can get bite on you like if they successfully leap on you.

This would mean you would also have to give players the ability to block with weapons & dodge. So Its a huge rework of how combat and zombies would work but I think that in the end it will be a more fun, active & intense experience.

Separate sickness from the infected Moodlet

Would be nice to at least get an option to separate these two things because its an annoyance when trying to guess why you are queasy.

Better Foraging & the environment

Foraging should keep its search style but also there needs to be bushes, trees etc that you can simply right click and pick from. Better skill in foraging would mean better speed at picking them and less chance of picking rotten stuff. So I would love to see more visual side of things for foraging like trees, bushes, plants etc. These can also help the map feel more in-depth.

Furniture and other appliances interaction & animations

It would be nice to be able to sit on couch & chairs, lay down in bed etc. It would also be nice to be able to take a bath/shower (with animations) using the bathtubs/showers. The difference between washing yourself from sink vs bathtub/showers can be the speed and amount of water used. So washing from sink is slow but uses less water but bathing in tub or showering is faster but uses more water. Never underestimate the power of animations 😊.

For PVP: Ability to Play Dead

Ability to play dead can be a good survival strategy for PVP. I don't play PVP but I'm sure it would be a great addition to it. And if players are close enough, you can trip them over by swiping at their feet lol.

That is all for now, I have a lot more for NPCs and Animals but will wait until they are released before I suggest things relating to it. Sorry if this was a lot. Thank you & Goodluck!😊

A system that give you temporary buffs and debuffs. whether you are eating a food that energizes you so you don't become fatigued more quickly or drinking whiskey/bourbon to reduce the speed of becoming cold in winter, this will go hand in hand with my enhanced cooking suggestion so different food/drinks can do different things for you. on a side note, a goofy thing I thought of was players could play with the rubix cube and it has an RNG element to it where there's a low chance of solving it and when you do you get a nice little buff from it and if you fail then you get a debuff so kind of like a risk vs reward kind of thing lol.

It already exists, if you eat enough you get a strength and healing boost, coffee and tea have some buffs on energy and moral. IRL Alcohol makes you feel warmer but it's just a feeling, you don't actually get warmer, anyway I don't see what other buffs food could give, what do you have in mind exactly?

having special types of zombies, maybe something dangerous that spawns at night and despawns when its morning

special infected are a big no on devs list, check this topic : 

BUT why not having some zombies stronger than others? It's not really special zombies, but zombies just like humans have different kind of bodies and some could be stronger than others naturally,

I agree on first aid being useless and I guess devs know it too, I think they'll rework many skills, like farming is also pretty useless to lvl up. 

Those animations for chairs and beds are planned since the new 3D models were designed but they have some troubles to do it and it's certainly not high enough on their priority list. Washing yourself is not something devs want to add to not have too many micro-managements but I agree it would be nice to have this, it would be a big boost on the moral to get a hot shower during the apocalypse especially when you're really dirty and bloody. 

14 hours ago, PinkPichu said:

It would be nice to be able to sit on couch & chairs, lay down in bed etc.

There is a mod doing exactly that for the time being until this gets implemented in vanilla.

Works fine in MP but you need to disable AntiCheat Type12.

"True Actions Act 2"

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2487022075

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

Washing yourself is not something devs want to add to not have too many micro-managements

Since washing is already possible and necessary I'd see no reason for not implementing showering and bathing?

Sorry for posting again, wasn't able to bring this quote into my edited post for the life of me.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:48 AM, PinkPichu said:

Separate sickness from the infected Moodlet

Would be nice to at least get an option to separate these two things because its an annoyance when trying to guess why you are queasy.

Not sure how I feel about this one. For me, the reason they are the same is to make the player unsure if they are infected or not. People already prematurely quit the game as soon as they are queasy so having what you suggest would just increase that ten fold.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:48 AM, PinkPichu said:

For PVP: Ability to Play Dead

Really like this though. It could be really interesting. See a body on the floor with a backpack on, go to investigate. Turns out it's not a body. ???

Maybe the swiping of the legs could be something you'd learn though skill book or a martial arts VHS or something.

6 minutes ago, OffitMan said:

Not sure how I feel about this one. For me, the reason they are the same is to make the player unsure if they are infected or not. People already prematurely quit the game as soon as they are queasy so having what you suggest would just increase that ten fold.

I mean personally for me I just don't wanna waste time leveling my character then realize there was no real point because I turned. I know that this won't be for everyone so that's why it should be an option, so if its tedious or annoying then people at least have the option to set it to something more manageable for them. Its more of hinderance for me but I know to some it can be like an element of uncertainty.

Giving an option would make both sides happy. In the end everyone enjoys a game differently and what may be interesting to you may not be the same for others. Its why I set the infection to bite only and damage severity to high 😅, that way the challenge is still there but in a different form and it wont kill my motivation to keep playing.

1 hour ago, PinkPichu said:

I just don't wanna waste time leveling my character then realize there was no real point because I turned.

Could say the same about life really. Whats the point in anything since we're all gonna die and the sun will explode eventually? For me, the fun is in the journey, not the destination. Similar to life in some ways.

Having everything spelled out for you and holding your hand the whole time doesn't seem like fun for me. Might as well just watch a simulation unfold rather than participate in a game.

To each their own.

Edited by OffitMan
Spelling

2 hours ago, OffitMan said:

Could say the same about life really. Whats the point in anything since we're all gonna die and the sun will explode eventually? For me, the fun is in the journey, not the destination. Similar to life in some ways.

Having everything spelled out for you and holding your hand the whole time doesn't seem like fun for me. Might as well just watch a simulation unfold rather than participate in a game.

To each their own.

I wouldn't compare games to life exactly lol, that's an odd comparison and my method makes both sides happy. Its not really hand holding, its convenience. Giving an option doesn't harm anyone or the game because if you don't want it then don't use that option and leave it as default. No one gets to tell you how to play a game so if you like that uncertainty then leave it on I can totally understand that😊.

I would like that option for convenience and to avoid frustration because I would like to keep playing the game. And I'm sure the devs would like to give players the ability to play it however they want otherwise they wouldn't let you tweak any options at all to begin with.

Edited by PinkPichu

1 hour ago, getstoopid said:

You could set the "Mortality" setting to "instant". I think that would do what you want? You are infected, you die instantly.

Thanks, I'm looking more for indication though, the option you mentioned gives you no chance to prep for it, at least when Im queasy i can safely store everything and then go suicide lol. Atm I dont think theres existing options, there might be a mod though but would prefer that the vanilla also included it