Shaving/Growing beards.

LeoIvanov

Okay people.

As regarding men, we have some neat beards out there. But what if I chose a big beard during character selection and now I want it taken off?

What if I chose no beard but now that I've survived for 6 months I want a badass beard that indicates that I'm some pro survivor?

What if... there was ability to cut/grow beards?

Let's say, a character starts off with a clean face. He carries on playing, and about in two weeks, his cheeks, jaw and skulls begin growing some small hair, making it become rugged (or how do you americans call 'em).

-In two more weeks, sideburns grow along.

-Two more weeks? Have a beard that makes something like a circle around the mouth. (You know what I mean.. I just... Don't know... the names...)

-Finally.. Two final weeks.. the final stage of beard - the kickass beard.

Game has already an item in it called Razor. make it so when you right click on it, it shows "shave beard". If there are people who want certain kind of beards, there should also be an option "shave Special beard", and then they get to choose from a list of options.

That way everyone is happy, and everything is dandy. Who's with me? Let the badass beards take over the world!

And when we shave the beard hair off, we can use it to make a Meat Effigy which will revive us upon death OH SHIT WRONG GAME

But yeah, not gonna say no to the inclusion of shaving off the excess hair.

Good job, you completely fucked it up.

All joking aside, this would be nice. I'd love to have a beard that can kind of represent that I've been alive long enough to grow it out like that.

Why only beard? I'm always bummed when games have only men with army cut or a Beatles length hair at max... I would like to grow (or at least have) a hair that would reach well over your shoulders as I have. I know It's not very practical according to zombie lore, but I wouldn't cut my hair short if there would be a sudden burst of flesh eating people in my community...

Maybe have hair/beard somewhat trimmed with scissors and completely shaved with a razor. This way it would avoid inventory, (or the right click box thingy) clutter as seen with building, and be semi realistic as I don't think there would be much barbers amongst us being able to make a haircut look how we like. (This would also have to be a skill! yeah just kidding with that one....) Some problems with this kind of thing though. I don't have the energy to elaborate just now...

But yes I like hair growth! on men... or... on your head or something...

VoteForSuggestion=       YES,

What he said.

Why only beard? I'm always bummed when games have only men with army cut or a Beatles length hair at max... I would like to grow (or at least have) a hair that would reach well over your shoulders as I have. I know It's not very practical according to zombie lore, but I wouldn't cut my hair short if there would be a sudden burst of flesh eating people in my community...

Maybe have hair/beard somewhat trimmed with scissors and completely shaved with a razor. This way it would avoid inventory, (or the right click box thingy) clutter as seen with building, and be semi realistic as I don't think there would be much barbers amongst us being able to make a haircut look how we like. (This would also have to be a skill! yeah just kidding with that one....) Some problems with this kind of thing though. I don't have the energy to elaborate just now...

But yes I like hair growth! on men... or... on your head or something...

VoteForSuggestion=       YES,

What he said.

All I've had in mind when having this suggestion is simplicity of creating it. I was never sure if there was a way to change character's beard style in real time with scripts. As all sort of beards I wanted are already there, PLUS no absense of razor, I could see no reason to have beards slowly grow up over time.

It's just that your idea would mean adding more hair sprites, and more work that they are already putting enough into doing something else.. :P So yeah, just adding a couple of lines, like check for how many days you've survived after you wake up from sleep, then check if it's 2/4/6/8 weeks, and replace the beard sprite with a bigger version of it. Then add contextual button on the razor that allows you to "shave beard". and in a second your beard is there, or rather, it's absense.

Yeah, but I like those suggestions coming from it. Especially smothering people with a pillow full of your own hair.

Edit : I Just LOVE how above my avatar it says "Excessively Bearded". Like, seriously, does this forum has a mind of it's own?!

Yeah, this would be cool. Maybe the same could be done with haircuts? I don't know how you would successfully cut your own hair and make it look good, but yeah! Both could be growing then, a good excuse to introduce longer hair and beard styles to the game. :P

I VOTE YES!