Can items fall out of a trunk if you don't close it?

LLcraigJ

Searching through various steam discussions, these forums and googling the question, yield conflicting results. I came across a post full of people that both had never heard of this happening and those that will never forget to close it again. There was even a wiki article stating that items can in fact fall out of a trunk, although it seemed to imply that this was based off the condition of the parts rather than the open/close state of the lid. I don't know how accurate or current any of this information is. I was hoping someone could either answer this for certain or point me in the right direction.

4 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Nope. They can, however, fall is the lid/door (or the whole trunk in a truck's case) is very low condition (around 30% IIRC).

Are you sure about that? I heard this wasn't true, and personally I've never seen it 

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

Are you sure about that? I heard this wasn't true, and personally I've never seen it 

Well, I saw it a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO; back when the cars' engines still sounded like a chainsaw down the eardrums. I looted the gas station store on Dixie as I drove towards WP, but when I arrived there, I found most of the loot missing... and a breadcrumb trail of dropped items over the road leading to where I first started.

So, did it happen? Yes. Have I seen it happen again? No. But I still take caution with it.

Archived