Item Searcher - Make Your Character Do the Work!

TheDecentTech

preview.png.d9df794e41817bdd90e686280a60d5cf.png

Item Searcher v1 is released to the Steam Workshop!

This mod adds a UI and convenience features for finding a particular item in a room (or on your person, if you need that kind of assistance! :) ), by progressively walking to and searching containers.

You can find demo screenshots on the Workshop page, but in short-- press the '/" button (typically found next to Enter/Return on QWERTY keyboards) to open the UI. Input an item (double-click a table entry if your typed input is ambiguous) and put your feet up while your character does the hard work!

If you find Item Searcher helpful, please rate and favorite on the Workshop page! If you feel especially motivated, please share this post or links to the Workshop item to let others know Item Searcher exists-- I made this mod because it's exactly the kind of thing I wanted in Project Zomboid when I started playing.

If you have feedback of any kind, positive or negative, please leave a comment on the Workshop page, or create an issue on GitHub.

For those especially motivated to share their appreciation and support, I have created a Ko-fi page. Anything you are able to give further enables me to spend time outside of my full-time job to improve Item Searcher, or create other mods that may be enjoyed.

Edited by TheDecentTech

First update is published to the Workshop as of a few minutes ago :)

* Standardized character messages between search types
* Slightly increased search time scale per item in container
* Fixed logic for queuing multiple search types. Previously, queuing search room would clear any inventory and nearby search also queued (due to walk methodology).

Happy Searching!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Item Searcher is updated!

* Disabled Search Room option while outside https://github.com/TheCrimsonKing92/pz-item-searcher/issues/14
* Added Take Item option https://github.com/TheCrimsonKing92/pz-item-searcher/issues/19

* Added entry and option tooltips to UI
* Overhauled UI to make better use of space
* Container types in speech now translated to friendly names (e.g. clothingwasher -> clothing washer)

Happy Searching!

Edited by TheDecentTech

• 2 weeks later...