41.68 Foraging zone randomly breaks

abstractoakbow

I'm not sure when/how this happens. I'm playing CDDA. Make it to the camp grounds where I'm ready to forage for twigs and the zone says there's nothing to find with a bunch of question marks. I didn't have any issues with foraging prior to this. I did save the game once and came back to it, so it's possible the zones got corrupted then, or simply got corrupted while in game and I never noticed. This is pretty upsetting as it makes foraging impossible. The road next to me is still correctly zoned, but the entire forest is incorrectly zones as "nothing to find". Any way to fix this? Wish saves were backed up more regularly.. I can attach my save if it's helpful for the devs

Update: I decided to check the earlier chunks I loaded to see if they are incorrect or not: they seem fine and correctly zoned. So either the new chunk at the camp grounds loaded incorrectly or it's actually zoned wrong or something else..

Looks like you're right. I looked at the foraging/trapping zones on pz-map and indeed like 20% of the map isn't zoned! And this includes the camp site! This is really disappointing because I was hoping to do a mostly foraging trapping and fishing CDDA run, but it looks like that's not an option.

22 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Zoning is still a WIP. There were a lot of new locations added and a lot of previous work had to be re-done. It'll get done at some point :)

Can't it be done automatically? Because for trapping the game seems to know which zone is deep forest, farm etc so it should work the same with foraging, right? Or "trapping zones" are based on foraging zones? 

I guess it is something you will have to change completely later since the wilderness is going to take over civilization some zones will change, for example a farm will become a forest after some years.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some additional notes regarding areas where foraging breaks:

Parking lots, specifically the sections with the white lines painted to mark parking spaces.

Sidewalks.

Many grassy tiled areas in and around Louisville.

Edited by MrHrulgin