Trouble optimizing lagging server

Arcturus

Question

I am hosting what I think is a mostly vanilla server that is having issues lagging. The server is hosted on GTXGaming and their customer support seems to believe that the server should be running fine. 

Mods:

# Enter the mod loading ID here. It can be found in \Steam\steamapps\workshop\modID\mods\modName\info.txt
Mods=ClothingBasedOnOccupation; Advanced Alternative Zombie Loot; TMC_TrueActions; tsarslib

Lag seems to be the worst when driving in a vehicle through towns. Hanging out at the house outside of town is playable but going into town grinds down zombie and player movement. Players and zombies freeze for a few seconds then teleport. 

This server has been running for a little over a week (real world time) and initially started with great performance. The unplayable lag is a recent development. 

This makes me suspect that perhaps lag is being cause by maybe too many zombies, objects on the ground or some other progressive change caused by the game. 

I've attached what files I thought would be relevant. 

03-04-22_22-18-23_DebugLog-server.txt GTXGaming.ini GTXGaming_SandboxVars.lua

4 answers to this question

Sorry to hear about the issues, can I ask how many slots you have on GTX Gaming and how much RAM the server is getting? If they allow you to see the memory usage that is.
Additionally, does the ping itself spike while driving through the town? You can see the Ping in the bottom right corner while playing on the server.

Does the ping itself spike while driving through the town? You can see the Ping in the bottom right corner while playing on the server.
Other than that, it is very likely that the mods themselves are causing the issue, specifically the more zombie loot mod. Since you are modifying loot for each zombie, this then can put a lot of strain on the server itself, which could likely cause lag.
The longer the server is running the bigger this effect could be, which is why it can be noticeable after a week.

Archived