"Unofficial" PZ Manual - *UPDATED*

EreWeGo

Question

*UPDATE* Hey all! I've updated my manual a bit, to reflect some of the recent changes in the Steam Early Access release, including combat changes and additions, Challenge modes etc. Although a manual may be a bit redundant with Spiffo's "Zomboid Survival Manual" now in the game, and the inevitable tutorials that will eventually be added, I thought it may still come in handy for some. Here's the new link:

Project Zomboid Survival Guide- Steam Version.pdf 2.8 MB
https://mega.nz/#!lopSQKQZ!aJo0Bj9CkpQjQL6gP9BHSiyyIutS-7xXfxjbXxut78s

PS: Apologies for any typos or errors, it's a work in progress! :)

Original Post:

Thought I'd re-post this here in the new forums! :-D

Hey all,

I've created an "UNOFFICIAL" manual for Project Zomboid, mainly to assist those new to the game, and might help in the interim before the Kate and Baldspot story/tutorial are back in.

NOTE: The details in the manual are fairly up-to-date, but as PZ is still in active development, anything in the guide is subject to change etc. Apologies for any errors, I'll try and update it as necessary. (*EDIT* This was made before the "Last Stand" mode and some other additions were added. Will update the manual at some stage and re-upload)

Example Screenshot:

3FEWczG.jpg
Download:

Mega.co.nz link:
Project Zomboid Survival Guide.pdf (2.4 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!QoZBmTZJ!GfAzBj0_g5x7FKMs31aXbzPLYKsIZEhdF52aepWL9yU

Mediafire Link:
Project Zomboid Survival Guide.pdf (2.4 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5dbssdqiv0kfbq2

icon_e_smile.gif

*UPDATE*: Anyone wanting to assist translating the manual into other languages, p.m. me or post an interest in this thread...Thanks!

*UPDATE* French Translation of the manual! Link:
Project Zomboid Survival Guide Rev 1 trad fr (1.0).pdf (2.5 MB)
https://mega.nz/#!k15UTJpL!eAdw6igZw5lfEyh1tWGY1lOkxSEJ3bnFCG4EWJjgJU4

*NOTE* For a manual/guide that goes into deeper detail on certain aspects of the game, such as Character customisation, Farming, Building, tactics and strategies etc, I can HIGHLY recommend you check out TinnedEpic's "Epic Survival Guide" here:
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1248-tinnedepics-survival-guide-contains-traces-of-spoilers/

Edited by EreWeGo

Wow this was amazingly helpful. As a brand new person this was SUPER useful.  My first toon lasted 3 days and then died while trying to open a door.  I am hoping this guide will help me figure out the basics besides eatting all the pie I found and bashing zoms with a rolling pin

Wow this was amazingly helpful. As a brand new person this was SUPER useful.  My first toon lasted 3 days and then died while trying to open a door.  I am hoping this guide will help me figure out the basics besides eatting all the pie I found and bashing zoms with a rolling pin

Thanks Hawthorn, glad you found it helpful, and welcome to the PZ community!

You lasted 3 days with your first character? Well done! I think I was lucky to last 1 day when I first started playing. As a "starter" weapon, I find that the frying pan is surprisingly good...

:)

Hello

What a terrific idea. Great job.

I was hoping just a minute ago to help with a french translation, but it's already available. What's the difference between R.C 2.9 and the Steam "Early access" Version?

EDIT : Ok, i have the answer : 6 months ;) and 10 updates.

If it needs to be updated in french, i'd be proud to help!

Thanks for this Guide, it will surely help survivors to make it through the hell!

Hello

What a terrific idea. Great job.

I was hoping just a minute ago to help with a french translation, but it's already available. What's the difference between R.C 2.9 and the Steam "Early access" Version?

EDIT : Ok, i have the answer : 6 months ;) and 10 updates.

If it needs to be updated in french, i'd be proud to help!

Thanks for this Guide, it will surely help survivors to make it through the hell!

Thanks for the comments Looch, and for the offer of help translating.  :)

Yeah, it's hard to keep it up to date due the sheer amount of updates and changes the Devs have been pumping out over the last few months, but luckily the basics are still pretty much the same.

I will be updating the manual soon-ish, to reflect the recent changes, and I'll definitely contact you if I need to translate it, thanks!  :)

hi,EreWeGo.

i'm playing this at japan.

when i started it,your this manual helped me so much!

so,i wanna translate this manual to japanese.

can i ask you allow that i use pictures and layouts in this?

i want show your great job to another friends!

i hope it'll be good.

thx!

hi,EreWeGo.

i'm playing this at japan.

when i started it,your this manual helped me so much!

so,i wanna translate this manual to japanese.

can i ask you allow that i use pictures and layouts in this?

i want show your great job to another friends!

i hope it'll be good.

thx!

Hi Stem, glad it helped you!

Of course you can use pictures/layout etc to translate. I'll send you a PM tonight and get some files to you as well.

I will be updating the manual in the near future, (time permitting), but no harm in translating now either.

:)

So glad I found this. I figured some of it out in game but this really helped me to get a better start. Thank you very much!! Game is awesome so far!!

Cheers DigitalDamned, and welcome to the forums!

I really need to update the manual, but the additions and changes to the game are happening so fast at the moment! :)

However, I will update it soon....ish.... ;)

Great to hear. Most of the information in there still applies, so I can't imagine it would be too much work, but I can agree with you that things are changing constantly at the moment.

Best of luck when you do update it though. I'm sure new players will greatly appreciate it.  :D

Links seem broken.

Oops! shows you how long since I've actually checked this thread! Apologies, just quickly updated the first link in original post, (and updated the link to the french translation)

Must get back to updating this manual - soooooo many changes since I wrote it! :)