item properties PhysicsObject question and throwing weapons

Dr.Gigglestein

Hello Great Big Brain Giant Mod-gods!

Been watching you guys have all the fun, had to ease myself over here and try to play mod-making. 

Im trying to make a molotov like thrown weapon which just does knockback and noise on hit. It looks like PhysicsObject in item properties controls the look and reaction of molotovs.... (yes/no?), and is there a way to get into there without JAVA decompiling? or a better way to do that.... (just been looking at the AWESOME tutorial guides and already made weapon mods so far, should I check dismemberment mod... outdated stuff, but I think there was throwing.....)

- also after reading this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/504-adding-a-moodle-indentifying-a-water-source/ - can see how to make a watersource- any way to identify if the water is shutoff? kinda want to have the player mutter "...dry..." or something if the water is off and the water source is tapped out. -seems possible if theres a check for that....

Thanks guys for the tutorials/ mods you've made so far- inspiring stuff,  Hope you can answer these cause I'm sure going to have a whole barrel full of pesky questions after this ;)

Been watching you guys have all the fun, had to ease myself over here and try to play mod-making. 

Im trying to make a molotov like thrown weapon which just does knockback and noise on hit. It looks like PhysicsObject in item properties controls the look and reaction of molotovs.... (yes/no?), and is there a way to get into there without JAVA decompiling? or a better way to do that.... (just been looking at the AWESOME tutorial guides and already made weapon mods so far, should I check dismemberment mod... outdated stuff, but I think there was throwing.....)

- also after reading this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/504-adding-a-moodle-indentifying-a-water-source/ - can see how to make a watersource- any way to identify if the water is shutoff? kinda want to have the player mutter "...dry..." or something if the water is off and the water source is tapped out. -seems possible if theres a check for that....

Thanks guys for the tutorials/ mods you've made so far- inspiring stuff,  Hope you can answer these cause I'm sure going to have a whole barrel full of pesky questions after this ;)

I haven't played around with water, but as far as I can see in /media/lua/TimedActions/IsTakeWaterAction.lua you do the following to check

if GameTime:getInstance():getNightsSurvived() >= SandboxVars.WaterShutModifier then

-- Water is shut off

end

I've been wondering about thrown weapons too. It seems molotov cocktails cannot be thrown right now.

Here's a modding tip, get jd-gui. Hell, I will link you to it. http://goo.gl/1cYnTV

Thanks guys! think this will give me enough to play with water and then drown in Java. 

and yeah, I miss molotovs and they are out until fire, was just really hoping old code could help get around it. but if you guys dont have a better clue on throwing, im going to wait until the infrastructure is a bit more obvious ;) Thanks again for the water line though and Austin- nice job on the bow stuff so far-

Thanks guys! think this will give me enough to play with water and then drown in Java. 

and yeah, I miss molotovs and they are out until fire, was just really hoping old code could help get around it. but if you guys dont have a better clue on throwing, im going to wait until the infrastructure is a bit more obvious ;) Thanks again for the water line though and Austin- nice job on the bow stuff so far-

Thanks bud! (:

Compliments keep me going.