In-game voice suggestions

Modin

In-game voice is awesome for immersion. I tried it a bit with my friend and we went back to discord because of walkie-talkies not working.

I would suggest:

- Reducing voice range to one third of what it is by default - you can do this yourself but I'd like the default setting to be the most realistic.

- Making walls, closed windows/doors, different floors, all muffle sound to a certain degree. Would be awesome if I had to roll down my window to hear my friend outside my car.

- Making walkie-talkies and radios actually work, that would be insane. They would need to be usable a bit more easily though (with 2-handed weapons, with a hotkey). Maybe attach them to your belt.

- Making it so you can't talk while sleeping - and you hear everything muffled

I also wanted to add making voice attract zombies but... that doesn't seem feasible.

Edited by Modin

1 hour ago, Modin said:

- Making walkie-talkies and radios actually work, that would be insane.

Hi! Walkie-talkies in the game can already transmit VOIP. Various walkie-talkies can transmit singhal to strictly defined distances, this should be taken into account. Of course, an ordinary radio does not have a transmitter - which means that there is no possibility of voice transmission either, only listening.

And yes, I agree with all the other suggestions, that would be great.

(To talk to a friend on the radio you need:
1. You need to be in the radius of the signal of your walkie-talkies.
2. You need to tune in to the same frequency with your ally's walkie-talkie.
3. You need to hold the radio in your primary/secondary hand.
4. You need to speak in VOIP)

Huh, I tried with my friend and although shouting and text carried over, voice didn't.

We took 2 walkie-talkies (not the same kind, one was a toys-r-us and the other was a better one), we tuned into the same frequency, shouting and text carried over so it worked fine, but voice didn't. We still could not hear each other from more than ~50 meters away.

We tried it about a month ago I think. Has the latest patch fixed it?