Films and TV shows recommendations

razab

Since I was not able to find a similar thread I decided to create one (and I hope it is in accordance with the forum rules ;) ): Feel free to share any recommendations for films and tv shows featuring zombies. Although I don't have a specific rule of what recommendations to post here, I think any movie or tv show which is somehow related to the PZ lore and features an apocalyptic setting will be appropriate. I'll start and post some things which come to my mind right now:

Movies:

The Romero Triology: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead. The classics which introduced the modern zombie lore and the apocalyptic setting as we know it today.

Night of the Living Dead (Savini remake, 1990): A surprisingly well-made B-movie. Quite close to the original film. Although directed by Savini, gore and splatter effects are quite moderate and not overdone.

Dawn of the Dead (Zack Snyder remake, 2004): Quite different from the original one but a decent movie in my opinion. Zombies are sprinters btw.

28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later: Not much to say here. Two very entertaining movies. Zombies are sprinters.

The Dead: A not so well-known British zombie movie set in Africa. I enjoyed it. Zombies are walkers similar to the Romero lore.

The Night Eats the World: French zombie movie set in an apartment building in Paris. Zombies are sprinters.

Train to Busan: A must-watch Korean zombie film set in a train. Zombies are sprinters.

The Battery: Indie movie about two guys trying to survive the apocalypse. Zombies are walkers.

Blood Quantum: About a Canadian first nations community during the apocalypse.

I Am a Hero: Epic Japanese movie based on a manga. Has the most creepiest zombies I ever saw.

TV shows:

The Walking Dead: Of course...

All of Us Are Dead: Korean zombie show which has been a recent Netflix hit. Zombies are sprinters. Hope there will be a second season.

Feel free to post your recommendations! I am always happy to learn about decent zombie movies and shows. :-)

Just off the top of my head...

Movies:

-  Zombieland

-  Shaun of the Dead

-  I Am Legend

-  World War Z

TV Shows:

-  Game of Thrones:  The 'wights' that make up the 'Army of the Dead' are dead reanimated by the Necromancy of the White Walkers and are, in the most traditional definitions, considered to be 'zombies'.

-  Fear the Walking Dead:  Not AS good as TWD, but good nonetheless.  Still have only seen a couple episodes of TWD:WB, so I don't have an opinion on that one yet.

-  Black Summer:  I was pleasantly surprised by this Netflix series.  May not be on par with TWD, but still good in its own right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Movies:

REC (very good Spanish found-footage horror film about a sealed zombie-like infection in an apartment building, honestly scared me a few times lmao)

The Return of the Living Dead (80's classic American zombie movie about a gas reanimating the dead, has a good amount of comic relief)

Zombie (1979 Italian Zombie movie, traditional slow zombie setting taking place on a tropical island, one of my favorites)

Cargo (Australian zombie movie, interesting virus portrayal)

TV Shows:

Dead Set (British zombie mini-series, takes place during a reality TV show)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, Exphon said:

Movies:

REC (very good Spanish found-footage horror film about a sealed zombie-like infection in an apartment building, honestly scared me a few times lmao)

The Return of the Living Dead (80's classic American zombie movie about a gas reanimating the dead, has a good amount of comic relief)

Zombie (1979 Italian Zombie movie, traditional slow zombie setting taking place on a tropical island, one of my favorites)

Cargo (Australian zombie movie, interesting virus portrayal)

TV Shows:

Dead Set (British zombie mini-series, takes place during a reality TV show)

The 1979 Zombie has an awesome soundtrack!

Australian Cargo is also a movie I really like!

Archived