Server owner - need help!

Outlaw

I have just started my own dedicated server that I rent through a game server hosting company. Our server runs SEVERAL mods, as we all know, the popular mods are updated frequently and causes mismatches between server/client until the server restarts. The hosting company I use has a "scheduled tasks" feature to check for workshop updates or game updates. The problem is that when it detects one, it restarts the server but gives absolutely no warning to the players. This can be problematic to players who are driving or surrounded by zombies as the server restarts. I have played on servers that will do a servermsg command announcing that the server is going to restart in 15-10-5-1 minutes. I am desperately trying to find something that will check for updates, announce the restart, and then restart. Can anyone help me out? I know its possible, ive played in servers with it. As it stands currently in my server, I'm forced to chose between players not being able to connect until the server restarts OR players getting abruptly disconnected while the server restarts on the scheduled tasks option. 

i would suggest trying that UpdatePLz mod that you have already asked this question on the comment section of that mod.

the way that mod works is when all the players have left it shutdown the server, if your host is using TCAdmin which like 99% of them do then just make sure its set to restart on crash.

The only issue is it triggers on when players leave and if no one is on the server when a update occurs then they cant leave to trigger the event to check for updates.... i would suggest scheduled restarts of every 6 hours with a notification in world chat 5 minutes before that.

99% of all hosting software supports this from TCAdmin, AMP and others i dont remember

Archived