any anime fans?

pugdug808

i really enjoy anime i like it more than american shows, i think its fantastic im still new-ish compared to people who have completed over 100. anyway so what are some of your favorite shows, or ones you highly recommend. i just finished future diary and it was absolutely amazing! i watched it dubbed i was surprised because it was a rather well done dub. 

A lot of some time passed since I saw one (I'm getting older :D) but the ones I remember right now and loved the most are samurai champloo (my first anime) and death note. After those, I tried some others but never really got into it.

My advice is watch samurai champloo if you didn't ;)

I liked Attack on Titans, too. I watched it subbed and loved the original japanese voice-over which is very ambitious and enthusiastic. Warning, story-spoiler:

But I'm not sure if I liked that it turned out that the titans are just transformations of humans. Although this provides lots of potential story plots.

Lastly I'd like to mention the Dragonball saga which will ever be one of my favorites :)

cant beleive no one has mentioned Bleach yet, probably one of my favorite all time anime series!

also, the original Guyver series, not the remade series.

Almost anything by studio gibli (spirited away, howls moving castle, princess mononoke), other anime films/series - appleseed, macross plus, dominion tank police, akira, battle angel alita, ghost in the shell, Madox 01: metalskin panic, im sure theres loads more that i just cant think of atm, but certainly my favorites are Bleach and Guyver.

^^

To be honest I prefer the one where Ryu kicks the shit out of Fei Long but yes the movie is awesome.

Sadly every other Street Fighter movie I've ever seen has been truly awful.

This movie is full of amazing fights but I just picked one to be honest.

cant beleive no one has mentioned Bleach yet, probably one of my favorite all time anime series!

also, the original Guyver series, not the remade series.

Almost anything by studio gibli (spirited away, howls moving castle, princess mononoke), other anime films/series - appleseed, macross plus, dominion tank police, akira, battle angel alita, ghost in the shell, Madox 01: metalskin panic, im sure theres loads more that i just cant think of atm, but certainly my favorites are Bleach and Guyver.

Because Bleach is pretty well-known; along with Naruto they are the most famous anime nowadays.

• 1 month later...

There's some really great anime missing from this list.

Log Horizon

Death Note

Code Geass

Witchcraft Works

Toward the Terra

Watamote

maoyu
arpeggio of blue steel
log horizon
pale coccoon
time of eve
total eclipse
magi
valvrave the liberator
dragon crisis
from the new world!!!
miss monochrome
Btooom!
say i love you
another

And this is only the dece stuff from a few years, go back a little further and there's tonnes and tonnes of good stuff

I have a hot friend that likes anime, and one of my pals is interested in it too.

I'm kinda meh about it but I've thought about watching/reading Attack on Titan

Also, Avatar the Last Airbender (I don't care whether you count it or not!) and Teen Titans* (Ditto!)

*Original, not this Go crap

Attack on titan

Baccano! - Don't worry if you have no idea what's happening after the first 2 episodes. There's no main character, just a bunch of events seen through the eyes of many different people.

Claymore - Ironically the manga really takes off from where the anime ends.

Death note

Ergo proxy

Ghost in the shell

Grave of the fireflies - Don't watch the English dub, the voice actors are ok, but not great.

Kill la kill

Patlabor

Samurai shamploo

Cowboy Bebop

Sword Art Online

Intial D

Vampire Hunter D (the first one)

Samurai Champloo

Basilisk

Bleach

Rurouni Kenshin

Death Note

What I put in bold is on Netflix streaming right now (others might be, not sure).

I would check out Sword Art Online, its easily one of the best.