Raccoon City - Hopefully the final attempt

TheMitu97

So, I've been working for a past few weeks on recreating this huge and iconic city. I saw too many dead attempts on this, that it kinda broke my heart and gave me motivation on trying it out myself. Right now I've been focusing on Downtown area, recreating all buildings from RE3 and RE2, then I'll start filling out the gaps, and eventually start placing custom stuff, that was not seen anywhere. This might include buildings/stores from Remakes, Outbreak series and Operation Raccoon City.

Current Progress (WIP):

RPD and some surroundings:

image.thumb.png.48f18b4924b5bd014f02b3c705040f19.png

RPD needs some exterior detailing, and minor interior addition, maybe replacing walls texture and making better main gate. Other buildings are missing upper floors, as first I wanted to make a proper street layout. Changing everything afterwards would be tedious. 

Also, it is elevated like that in order to include basement floors, since basement are not a thing in PZ for now.

Some other buildings:

RE3 Shopping Mall:

https://imgur.com/jDID3ur

Arukas Building:

https://imgur.com/D01ZbCM

Kendo Gun Shop:

https://imgur.com/vqvzaI8

RE2 Restaurants:

https://imgur.com/dGN9qVV

https://imgur.com/8jv9kfm

RE3 Construction Site:

https://imgur.com/DdEMOUV

Keep in mind that most of them are still not fully finished.

Since Raccoon City is a really big city, that was not showcased in it's full glory, I'll probably have to add tons of custom buildings to fill up areas not seen in any RE games, but I'm up for a challenge. I am also trying to make stuff appear a bit more realistic, this one is mostly in regard of very tiny streets, which would be really tedious to navigate and also adding custom rooms to some locations for better functionality. 

If anyone is willing to help, feel free to message me. I'm also open for suggestions regarding mapping, placement ect. I'm not planning on abandoning this project, unless some serious IRL stuff happens to me, which is unlikely.

Custom shop signs made by GalacticDissonanta, Rusty and myself.

Edited by TheMitu97

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand what you're doing. I checked the workshop and I was surprised there was no Resident Evil locations. Not even a specific building like Spencer mansion or the RCPD. Great job on building the city. I'm just starting the building mod but have trouble making double doors and rotating doors currently. Also, using slopes to get the basement, now that's clever.  Which version of RE did you use? Original, Remake, or a mix of both?

On 5/5/2022 at 6:21 PM, SomeGuy said:

I understand what you're doing. I checked the workshop and I was surprised there was no Resident Evil locations. Not even a specific building like Spencer mansion or the RCPD. Great job on building the city. I'm just starting the building mod but have trouble making double doors and rotating doors currently. Also, using slopes to get the basement, now that's clever.  Which version of RE did you use? Original, Remake, or a mix of both?

I am planning on mixing both, using remake locations in different spots to fill up the gaps. Right now I'm taking it a bit slow, but project is still alive.

• 4 months later...

I'm curious - have you gotten any more of the map done? If so, how much have you managed to do so far? I'm really excited for whenever your release it! Resident Evil is a long time favorite game series of mine and I've been looking forward to the many maps people are making for it (yours in particular)

17 hours ago, AsraNovaKat said:

I'm curious - have you gotten any more of the map done? If so, how much have you managed to do so far? I'm really excited for whenever your release it! Resident Evil is a long time favorite game series of mine and I've been looking forward to the many maps people are making for it (yours in particular)

Still working on it, although slowly. Managed to do some Outbreak areas and RE3 Clock Tower and Dead Factory sketches, might post some screenshots later.

• 1 month later...

WOW! actually I'm a big fan of the RE games and your map it's like a blessing because this game is the best survival simulator and with this map many fans from the saga could make his dreams come true, keep working hard bro!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey,

I just found this and am ultra excited. Great job with what you've done so far. I've been looking for a good, standalone U.S.-style city map for a looong time. If you're still working on this I'd love to donate if you have a ko-fi or something like that. Also, I'm completely new to mapping for PZ but if you would like some help I'd be happy to lend a hand in my free time. I've been wanting a project for some time to help me learn the mapping tools.

At any rate, keep up the awesome work and I hope we can see a finished product one day!

I created an account on this forum specifically to write to you. This is awesome! I've been dreaming about this since the game came out, right now you are make my dream come true! Thank you for your work. I'll be checking in here every day now, waiting for any news and screenshots. Cheers!:)

I am learning city building and modding SPECIFICALLY to add Resident Evil stuff to this game for my friends and I as well. This looks incredible. Great work =)

Are some of your buildings/files available for use with the community at all somewhere, or is it all private for now?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nemeth said:

Hi, I'd love to collaborate with some like minded people attempting to bring the REverse into PZ, I made a nemesis mod that would work so amazing in the map 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2915642712

Reach out anyone that maybe interested and maybe we could work together to make this a reality

Make a multiplayer version of this where he is twice as big, unkillable (or respawns randomly on the map when you kill him), walks very slow, but always knows where the players are and heads in that direction at all times while screaming "STARS!" when he gets within maybe 100m and you will be the best modder on PZ.  LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Current map progress as of today. Still a long way to go. Mostly focused on south part of the map now.

image.thumb.png.43a882e6f4751378bcee57455e84e797.png

End result regarding how big city will end up should be something close to Louisville. There will be tons of dense apartment buildings and shops and for the most part, there won't be many spacious areas like in vanilla cities, except for the outskirts. Big building down south is Spencer Memorial Hospital from RE3 Remake, as I decided to implement some remake stuff, but overall I want to stick with city from original games. I might post some close up pictures later.