Four wheel view

Milove

Hi!

How often do survivors drive cars? Personally, I can't imagine the early days of the game without a car. This is a means of protection, transportation of your person and other good you need in this or that case. I would like to suggest making trips even more comfortable, correct, in my opinion.

I noticed that if you get into the car while aiming, the player will be able to independently control the camera - I found it very convenient! You can see what is in the distance in front/ behind /on the side of the car without speeding up. Or move the camera much farther, which will help at high speeds. And everything is smooth and fast, without some “jitter” in contrast to the automatic mode (with disabled vertical synchronization)

It would be great if the player, sitting in the car, could independently control the camera. Just the same as he does it on his own two feet - looking around and gazing into any distance. Perhaps it would be possible to add a separate toggle switch in the control settings for this...?

20220319232946_1.thumb.jpg.0e03e9f49f9fe5e2d2b977c21f5ad1c9.jpg

20220319232956_1.thumb.jpg.2368f01bafb7b02d9ec355386adc2dcb.jpg
20220319233010_1.thumb.jpg.6bc8c4fe783a7a68978dc786f8f51eec.jpg

All these screenshots were taken from the car.
(Edited) You can assign a button to pan the camera and use it while driving. Go to settings, then key bindings, UI section and set a key to "pan the camera".

Edited by Milove

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

I don't understand what you want, because as you said you can look everywhere already while driving by using the aiming key, what else do you want?

Yes, you can look around, but you won't be able to use the panoramic camera. Apologies for my English, should have used "panoramic camera" long before ;D

The screenshots were taken at the minimum camera zoom when playing at a resolution of 1080 by 1920 pixels.

1 hour ago, Milove said:

Yes, you can look around, but you won't be able to use the panoramic camera. Apologies for my English, should have used "panoramic camera" long before ;D

The screenshots were taken at the minimum camera zoom when playing at a resolution of 1080 by 1920 pixels.

I still don't get it, on your screenshots it's clear that you're panning the camera else your car would be at the center, so you already know how to pan the camera and look around while driving.

3 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I still don't get it, on your screenshots it's clear that you're panning the camera else your car would be at the center, so you already know how to pan the camera and look around while driving.

In order to make these screenshots, I used a bug - I got into the car with the aim key held down. This way I could pan the camera from the car. If I release the aim button while driving, the camera will focus on the center of the player (who is in the car). And in order to pan the camera again, I have to use a bug, I could not find other ways. (The aim button does not pan the camera, it only rotates the character's field of view).
It seems that I explained everything the same in the post itself, but it seems that it is hard to read, I'm sorry.

Okay now I get it, you don't know how to pan the camera in a vehicle, to do that go to options, key bindings, UI section, set a key to pan the camera (something like Alt, shift or caps lock... which you prefer) then in game hold this key to pan the camera, it works all the time, while walking, running, driving... 

So in a car to look around and far away you can hold right mouse button (aim key) and hold the pan camera key at the same time (that's why I advise you to use a key close to your left little finger).

If we could look around and pan the camera with the same key (aim key) it could be nice.