[Free] 2Brain random Buildings

Doublebrain

MODS_01.png

I will upload my builds here, you can use them in your map, for inspiration or just look at them for no reason. They are kind of random, flash of genuis, result of boredom or a result of a day with too much creativity.

I will also upload some WIP buildings so you can see what my brain came up with.

Abandoned Factory

My first try on the building editor. Just wanted to explore the editor a little, this is what came out. Its a factory which was abandoned long before the apocalypse. Young people still visited this building for spraying and having drinking parties.

21l3ktk.png

wusf3r.png

dbnjtz.png

2uf8xsz.png

Ship WIP

Just an attempt on a ship but its a pain in the ass right now because the mapping tools are still in an early stage. Still wanted to upload it, maybe I gonna continue/redo (most likely redo) it when the mapping tools are a little advanced. :)

104188x.png

Second try:

2re64cz.png

Apartment: template, with furniture, old and overgrown

First of all some kind of apartment template:

5 flats, each with kitchen and bathroom, also 5 storage rooms on ground level, no further furniture

n1p2ty.png

vpi2cw.png

9unmlh.png

The same apartment with furniture and some details:

24mg8xu.png

The same apartment but abondand and overgrown:

2449kkh.png

13z9077.png

Pretty much finished prison (will get updated somewhen soon maybe at somepoint in the far future)

2i8k7bq.png

34zyrzc.png

2rnhl5e.png

oqh9og.jpg

2mxjvvb.png

4lhduq.png

That factory is perfect, I will use it in my map, wanted something abandoned to become part of my one island and that looks perfect for it.

EDIT: Downloaded the building and it was a *.dat file, Shouldn't it be the *.tbx file?

Edited by Viceroy

That factory is perfect, I will use it in my map, wanted something abandoned to become part of my one island and that looks perfect for it.

EDIT: Downloaded the building and it was a *.dat file, Shouldn't it be the *.tbx file?

Guess I linked the wrong file.. Will change it when Im home.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Should be the right link now, also here is a pic of my new "experiment"  (tophat)

2re64cz.png

I have like no idea how the inside of a ship looks, and doing stuff like the chimney is reeely hard. :D Playing around a bit right now, maybe I find some good solution to make it look better, but I think it looks not too bad right now.

Ofc everything is very WIP. Any advices?

Looking good so far, i think the bridge should be further towards the back though, depending what sort of ship your making. Maybe try making the walls get smaller as the chimney gets higher? so the first is 8x8 then 7x7 and smallest being for 4x4 or something, just an example.

• 2 months later...

I don't know how you made the ship commando bridge, but I would draw rooms and change the outsidewall with "walloverlays" in Fossoilstyle, because you used the windows :) . You can make walloverlays in diffrent length, so there is not much sisyphus working.

Then for the 3rd floor (the deck) I would use wallgrime to make the look of the ship a little more abandoned. Inside of the body you should look at the sewer walls (for more abandoned look) or the truck walls (for full metal look).

The idea is great! Would never have guessed for myself!

Edit: Create a room called "Body" or so, to create the baseform of the ship and the walkable rooms you place "inside". No need to make the full shipbody walkable, cause you are the captain and decide! :D

I don't know how you made the ship commando bridge, but I would draw rooms and change the outsidewall with "walloverlays" in Fossoilstyle, because you used the windows :) . You can make walloverlays in diffrent length, so there is not much sisyphus working.

Then for the 3rd floor (the deck) I would use wallgrime to make the look of the ship a little more abandoned. Inside of the body you should look at the sewer walls (for more abandoned look) or the truck walls (for full metal look).

The idea is great! Would never have guessed for myself!

Edit: Create a room called "Body" or so, to create the baseform of the ship and the walkable rooms you place "inside". No need to make the full shipbody walkable, cause you are the captain and decide! :D

I didnt plan to go for the ship again but now I kind of want give it a try. I guess I had some training so this time it might come out quite well!

And for anyone interested; some pic of a project I might finish in a few years (well hopefully not that long) because I aint got realy much time to spent on PZ mapping.

2mmxohk.png

That ship is amazing! I was in the US Navy for a short time and keep thinking of doing my aircraft carrier. Care to collaborate at some point on that ship?

Sure sounds like a cool project! Just contact me if there is anything to do.

Btw this is the new ship:

2j2eomf.png

Guess the bridge needs to be a bigger. Also the windows are... well not too sexy. I will most likely just create my own windows for the ship. But overall I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

So for the bridge there is a simple idea:

J6d7Dys.jpg

1. in your bridge room, draw a Exterior Walls Commercial full glass wall

2. create a preset with the industrie railroad tile and set as WallOverlay

3. merge them

4. should be like this then :)

5. experiment with different wallcounters as WallOverlays if you think the glasswall looks to fragile. You can add up to two walloverlays until they mess up each other

6. the second WallOverlay overlays the first one :)

The same technique I use for my buildings. Example military tent:

5Cniw0Q.jpg

The tent is a room without floor, don't be irritated :D

If I set the DarkbrownCorners first, they would be under the truckplanes. Looks also good, because you'll just see the under part of them, but I decide to set them outside, because I'm afraid the player wouldn't notice them (there won't be any clues on the upper part of the truck planes).

Also for the ship cargo use rooms and the tent technique:

Example for outside cargo; for inside cargo you don't need planes ergo no wall overlay.

HMClPTy.jpg

Edit: So, with your ship you (or someone else, but not me) should build a harbor! :D

• 4 months later...

Cool idea with the bridge! And for the cargo I had something pretty similar in mind. Thanks for the help, hope I'll be able to post some update tomorrow. Realy excited to go to some advanced state with the ship.

The ship is awsome, may i try to use it on my server? The version u uploaded i the first server is rather old

• 4 months later...

Not 100% finished but still:

2i8k7bq.png

More pics on front page.

The thing is, I have no idea what a prison actually looks like from the inside and I couldnt find any layouts of modern prisons. So if anyone knows a little more about prisons than me, he or she might tell me if the layout of my prison is somewhat realistic or not so much.

For now I just placed stuff where my brain said it should be.

• 3 months later...