3d models for custom items.(solved)

MopS

Hello. It's been a long time since I started little by little learning PZ mods.
  I have already created a unique map for my server and implemented a quest system there. But now I'm facing a problem that I can't solve.
  There is an item that is a DIAMOND (this is the currency of our server).

The Code for this item is in items.txt in "script" folder on first screenshot.

765778631_2022-03-16191112.jpg.278dec97d8b17d9f9a359cb5683a26cd.jpg

There is a file items_models.txt (2 picture).

206083749_2022-03-16191139.jpg.39b3445e131f79e07b2d0bc02115c0c4.jpg

File *.fbx in "media\models_X\WorldItems"

File *.png in "media\textures\WorldItems"

3d picture - model in Blender and UV-map

1824237315_2022-03-16192233.thumb.jpg.c02ddd1eee2a9057d082faba5e62a9e5.jpg

4th pic - result in-game

903796432_.png.29a9609e55e12a49405b69ccec9e8e63.png

It would seem that I have done everything so that the object is displayed in a 3D version. But he absolutely does not want to do this.
  There is definitely no problem with the FBX model, because checked by replacing with vanilla "Brass.fbx" and "Brass.png" in textures.
  So my question is. What did I NOT do so that the object is displayed not in 2d, but in 3d version?
  Over the past week I have watched and read a bunch of tutorial videos and guides on adding new items of
clothing and could not figure out what I was doing wrong in the end.
  Unfortunately, I could not find guides for adding "just items", not clothes, for all this time.

PS 

I have already tried changing the paths in "items_models.txt" to "media/models_X/WorldItems/...."
  Changed the name to "WorldStaticModel = Asta / (Asta_Ground) etc.
  Replaced everything with vanilla settings with fish (Brass.fbx, Brass.png, etc.) It didn't help. Now I turn to you and
thank you in advance for your answers.
  When studying, I was guided by topic "THE ONE STOP SHOP FOR 3D MODELING: FROM BLENDER TO ZOMBOID!" 

Edited by MopS

that looks correct, Im not sure if its related but if you are naming your file "media\script\items.txt" then you are overwriting the file in "ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\items.txt"

this caused all sorts of headaches for me until i figured out how this works.

Edited by Xyberviri

2 hours ago, Xyberviri said:

это выглядит правильно, я не уверен, что это связано, но если вы называете свой файл «media\script\items.txt», то вы перезаписываете файл в «ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\items.txt»

это вызывало у меня всевозможные головные боли, пока я не понял, как это работает.

yes, i wrote "items.txt" for understanding.
This is giving me a headache too. But a lot of practice in building 3D models)
Thanks for the answer.

2 hours ago, Tchernobill said:

Я не могу дать вам точный ответ, но при выполнении изотермической банки у меня почти такие же настройки, как и у вас, плюс следующие отличия:

Файл *.X в "media\models_X" <= Я думаю, вы пропустили это

StaticModel = *, в скрипте определения элемента <= Думаю, это бесполезно

yes, "staticmodel" seems useless to me now too.

I understand correctly that for the game there is no difference between "*.X" and "*.FBX" files?
Thanks for the answer, I'll try again. I will write in the same topic if I can find an error in myself.
Edited by MopS

13 hours ago, Xyberviri said:

Oh I just noticed, I believe the issue is your model is in "module Astaroth" and not "module Base" try using this:

WorldStaticModel = Astaroth.Asta,

image.png.932736e585cda22748256509fe1ddb83.png

Thank you so much!!! I got it!! Now it will be necessary to play with the sizes and texture,
 but these are already quite trifles and they are even interesting for work.

image.png

• MopS changed the title to 3d models for custom items.(solved)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, Tchernobill said:

I cannot give you the exact answer but when doing Isothermal Can, I have pretty much the same setup as you do plus the following differences:

File *.X in "media\models_X" <= I guess you miss that

StaticModel       = *, in item definition script <= I guess this is useless

After playing around with items for a long time, I figured out what the StaticModel is for. This is used for items that are tied to character animations. I used this when I made halberds. Without a StaticModel, they stand upright when placed on the floor (even with a WorldStaticModel)