[41.68] calories doesn`t decrease. character weight only rises

Tibila

17 hours ago, Stefano said:

I think that in the apocalypse it would be very strange to get fat... My character spend all the day walking and fighting and he continues to gain weight ...there's something wrong.

What does your char eat? Hunger and calories are two different things in game (you can be full to bursting on fruit salads but losing weight because there are very few calories for example; alternatively, char could be starving by eating only fish but still gain weight because there are a lot of calories, but not much to satiate hunger). And you can only see calories in food with Nutritionist trait. So, again, what does your char eat?

That said, if it is a MP game, then you need to check if "Nutrition" is turned on on the server and for each individual player on the server as well.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:44 PM, Pandorea said:

What does your char eat? Hunger and calories are two different things in game (you can be full to bursting on fruit salads but losing weight because there are very few calories for example; alternatively, char could be starving by eating only fish but still gain weight because there are a lot of calories, but not much to satiate hunger). And you can only see calories in food with Nutritionist trait. So, again, what does your char eat?

That said, if it is a MP game, then you need to check if "Nutrition" is turned on on the server and for each individual player on the server as well.

Ok, my char is eating junk food (=only what remains after 6 months apocalypse), but in winter farming and foraging are barely impossible. Also I've tried running more and selecting the less calorie dense food, but without vegetables it can only grow ...

28.03 update 

Eating only potatoes for 5 days, always  121 kg.... At least it doesn't grow ...😒

Edited by Stefano
Update

• 3 weeks later...

My weight is not dropping either after 3+ weeks ingame time on a 2 hour/day MP server.

My diet for this time has been coffee, farmed vegetables (carrots/broccoli), and canned soup poured into a empty pot.

My weight keeps sitting on 95 with 1 arrow down for 3+ weeks.

Something must be either broken or it's insanely difficult to lose weight in this game.

I find it frustrating at the moment because i can't do anything without getting exhausted straight away.

Tried running laps around my property, fitness.

Others on my server are experiencing thesame issue.

To double check: "Nutrition" is enabled on the server and for players, right? 

Also, it is absolutely possible to "hit" just the right spot between calorie consumption and expenditure. Basically, char needs about 2000 calories / day. And the only way to see how much is consumed is with a Nutritionist trait. All I can recommend is to try to avoid canned food and use the veggies to make food with (salads, soups, etc) You can add more  exercising into the routine as well. It takes time to start seeing results..

The admin of our server has confirmed that Nutrition is enabled.

I don't have the nutritionist trait, but when i add up canned soup being 125 calories per can, maybe drinking about 4-5 per day, i should be nowhere near 2000 cal.

Since i've been doing this for quite some time, im confused and can only think this is not working properly atm, were there any changes in the last patch regarding weight loss/calories? 

This has been an ongoing issue we have experienced.

I think I originally reported it and my finding on another bug report thread back in December 2021

Its easy to gain weight, but loosing it is a completely different matter.

You can get it so your character has a single down chevron next to their weight but it just doesn't drop.

I have kept my character at starving levels (the one before you start to loose health) and have only been eating a cabbage salad when my health starts to drop.

I have continued this for 3 months in game without loosing a single kg of weight

Vanilla server with Nutrition enabled.

If I had to guess I would say that the weight loss is getting stuck at a certain level and not getting any lower.

The reason I say this is that even though I have the down chevron for 3 months with the above example, a single bar of chocolate will get rid of it.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Pandorea said:

To double check: "Nutrition" is enabled on the server and for players, right? 

As far as I can see, there's only 1 setting. But since we were able to get this fat without choosing the overweight trait, i'd guess it would have to be working correctly?

Added in another 4 in-game (2rl hour/day) days of exercising, jogging, drinking only coffee, chopping tree's. Still stuck at 95 with a down arrow.

• 2 weeks later...