2 Bugs in Multiplayer: Safehouse membership, and random new zombies (with spawn set to 0)

Frosty83

2 quick things I think are bugs.

1) After a server reboot for updates we always lose our safehouse membership, the owner loses ownership and all members are disbanded. The same goes for factions as well, we always need to re-form both and re-invite everyone after we've taken the server down for upgrades.

2) A new bug that seems to be probably unique to 41.68 and we have not seen previously in any other update is that when restarted our server the large houses in Muldraugh which surround our primary base (which have been fully walled off) all had 2-3 zombies inside each. We have our server set to 0 for the time between zombie respawns on a tile and so reliably cleared out almost all of Muldraugh now but definitely 100% all of those inside our perimeter.

Just to make this visually clear, so there's no speculation whether or not these wandered in by chance, the attached image is our base layout. Green circle is our safehouse, purple are all high walls or gates which completely enclose the 10 houses. Red crosses are where we found zombies, not in gardens or on streets, all inside kitchens/living rooms. We checked 100% of the perimeter and it was all intact. We're precise about closing gates behind us, but even if we didn't there's just no way if a horde snuck in they'd evenly distribute to all the houses and no where else, without being seen. This definitely happened with the latest patch.

Untitled.thumb.png.943ec40dc9f0bade3a2425c3a5043efe.png

Just a few sanity checks to help:

• The server and clients are all latest versions
  • The server settings have not changed during the last few patches/updates we've done
  • This is the first time near as we can tell this has happened.
  • Server is running on Windows 10 using x64 batch file to start with default server settings/port, is unlisted and password protected
  • Servers settings are default for the Apocalypse preset, except we've made XP multi 2.0, reading speed 0.1, turned multi-hit on, and most importantly put the Respawn Hours to 0.0, it has been like that since day 1 and we're now 3 months in to the game, we're fairly sure if they had been respawning prior to this we'd have noticed by now.
Edited by Frosty83

And actually there's a 3rd minor bug we keep running into, which is the phantom pancakes. We cooked 2 lots of pancakes in the oven, you can transfer them to your inventory OK, when you eat them they instantly disappear (you don't get fed, or the eating animation/progress bar) and they re-appear in the oven, specifically uncooked. Nothing we've done in game yet has fixed that, including moving them to other containers, eating them uncooked, etc.

Just to bump this again, the very latest patch has caused the same problem, when we restarted our server it has caused zombies to spawn in all the houses again. This is not an ideal bug to have for a server where we're running with finite zombies because they're appearing in "secure" areas when they wouldn't normally be able to.

Also it's worth noting that houses far from our spawn this did not seem to occur immediately, It might be because they're outside of an active cell/region? However while searching smaller houses just north of this area I actually had zombies spawn inside of houses while I was in them, the streets were clear for 100's of cells, I check a kitchen which is clear, check a bedroom which was clear, walk back into the kitchen and there's a zombie standing there. This is a pretty big problem.

1. What is your Safehouse settings in server settings - there are a couple of options that can cause what you describe to happen. Note though that Safehouse settings overall are being changed / fixed in every patch. 

2. Depending on how big the update was zed spawn points could have been reset ( remember this is an UNSTABLE version of the game so things like this are expected to happen)

3. Multiplying pancakes have been around for a while now - this is a known issue and will be fixed in one of the future patches.

I've been playing with this for a few days now trying to work out what is going on. It seems like it may have been my fault for not shutting down the server properly. I was closing the CMD server window and it seems like some things aren't saved unless you run the quit command to bring down the server. I tested once last night with this and so far the zombies haven't come back and it seems to remember our safe house info.

What is strange is that is how I've always shut down the server and prior versions didn't seem to suffer the zombie spawn problem so it kinda came across as a bug that was introduced in one of the patches. My bad, sorry for wasting your time.

We have the very same respawn problem on our 41.68 server. It happens constantly that previously cleared regions spawn new groups of zombies even though respawn is set to zero. Also no mods.

The question would be whether this could be migration. If zombies migrate, does this also happen in blobs? Basically if we enter a previously cleared regions these small blobs (~10) of Zs appear just like when you enter new regions for the first time. Not sure whether this is a clear indication of respawn or migration.

• 2 months later...