Build 22 + Multiplayer!

Tooks

Fancy watching some Build 22 or Multiplayer action? Look no further! <3

Build 22: (More episodes to come almost daily)

Episode #1

Episode #2

Episode #3

Episode #4

Disclaimer: Multiplayer is in its very early stages and is in heavy testing. Expect issues to crop up during these episodes.

Multiplayer: (Lots more to come)

Episode #1

Episode #2

Episode #3

Episode #4

Looks fun! Is there any way to join in the multiplayer madness, before the release?

Closed testing.

Chances are nope

Im still not sure how i ever got granted access. All those years of sending out good karma finally paid off it seems

Im still not sure how i ever got granted access. All those years of sending out good karma finally paid off it seems

Because of your beard and boobs.

And generally being a dapper fellow all around.

but mainly boobs

bout time these puppies got me something :D

I personally find it quite maddening to be taunted by multiplayer with no ability to play it. Don't get me wrong I am excited as can be, I just suppose it is odd to make a closed beta and then broadcast it...

I wouldn't really call it that, just a way of demonstrating that it actually works. Getting community members in on the act to prove that multiplayer is in a somewhat working state. You know, proof of concept or whatever.

okay can we make something like this happen when the build goes live for us peasents? like, devs streamers and forumgeeks one one server jollying and scurrying?!

I imagine this would happen, whether under the use of stress testing the system or just celebrating it's release.

Indeed Connall, I did preface it with "personally" though. I am however greatly excited by the prospect of playing with my friends, my concern is that zombie-density sync will be difficult, that unforseen problems will invariably pop-up; resulting in a delay and frustration of only having seen something for it to be taken away/delayed.

Now on a different side I understand that Lemmy and the team needs to do different things, and far be I from denying one pride in their work. I am merely pondering it selfishly. Naturally we are all civilized and any person with an ounce of patience shall wait no matter how long, some of us have been waiting for years indeed.

Pardon me if I digressed or lost my direction somewhere in there.

I personally find it quite maddening to be taunted by multiplayer with no ability to play it. Don't get me wrong I am excited as can be, I just suppose it is odd to make a closed beta and then broadcast it...

IIRC there were several DayZ streams before release of Standalone. Was that out of order too? Surely on a whole people like to get a glimpse of such things and enjoy watching them, and for that matter (perhaps even more important) allowing streams is also a nice way to reward the testers who, and a lot of people don't seem to appreciate this, do a LOT of drudging through crashing broken builds. This build was the first 'fun' thing they have gotten to do as testers for a long time, since 'iwillbackupmysave' branch is now for the most part replacing all the playable tester versions.

OH and how about he fact that if we released multiplayer now we'd probably get into very serious trouble, since it's using libraries we need to pay rather a lot of money to release and we want to make sure it'll do the job with high #s of players before dishing out many thousands of $$$

IIRC there were several DayZ streams before release of Standalone. Was that out of order too? Surely on a whole people like to get a glimpse of such things and enjoy watching them, and for that matter (perhaps even more important) allowing streams is also a nice way to reward the testers who, and a lot of people don't seem to appreciate this, do a LOT of drudging through crashing broken builds. This build was the first 'fun' thing they have gotten to do as testers for a long time, since 'iwillbackupmysave' branch is now for the most part replacing all the playable tester versions.

OH and how about he fact that if we released multiplayer now we'd probably get into very serious trouble, since it's using libraries we need to pay rather a lot of money to release and we want to make sure it'll do the job with high #s of players before dishing out many thousands of $$$

I also gather that the publicity (no such thing as bad publicity) generated by this will largely transfer over into sales, paying for those libraries? It is still after all a business you are running. And from that view it was very smart to get some hype.

And apologies if I sounded overtly negative on that, just so close that I can taste it... almost, ha ha ha, in fact the prospect of multiplayer is the driving force behind my own map making projects as well as others too so I can only imagine the momentum such a leap forward must be to you and the team(gang?). I wish you all the best truly and my hopes are for the best. I would gladly buy your game all over again once that gets implemented to a release-worthy point.

Kind regards.

I have a couple questions. I just started playing recently over the recent holiday. So from the announcements, twitter, fb, streams. whatever media I could find about this game. It looks as tho build 22 is just around the corner. yay we're waiting patiently

I think that's where I'm getting confused. If it's bug fixes yes I can live with that. But I think there is a big micommunication somewhere.  Mutliplayer incoming, yes we are excited for that but is it in Build 22?

"OH and how about he fact that if we released multiplayer now we'd probably get into very serious trouble, since it's using libraries we need to pay rather a lot of money to release and we want to make sure it'll do the job with high #s of players before dishing out many thousands of $$$"

From your statement it sounds like Multiplayer is not ready. ok fine. but then you state build 22 is... so my question is:

Is Multiplayer in Build 22 or not? If not that's fine but the communication is not coming across to the community that way.

I understand you got to do what you need to do ie money, time, dev time. social media fire control. I know how the industry works. But please just communicate correctly to the community. That's fine you have your testers streams. yay. that's fine you have your sneak peaks. I don't think it's ok to put a carrot out so far that the community can't see the light. Seen too many game companies do that.

A game I played just announced it was implementing a new class. Social Media/commmunity blew up with excitement. The class is coming, when? no one knows everyone is excited but the one thing the company did not say is that's coming in the next patch.

So I've been seeing a lot of contradicting statements around here and I would love to see the air cleared on both ends as to relieve the anxiety.

Archived