Sick of this Game

wyrda78

I have barely played this game since I made this post because I have nothing else to do. I went and raided a gun store, which was anti-climactic and not any special challenge. I have a large arsenal of guns but I have no reason to use them; I have no reason to go anywhere because there is no loot I need. My character is only 7 months old and I feel like there is nothing more to do. The only thing I could think of is make a sandbox game with no respawns and make it a goal to clear out large cities. Sandbox mode is fine and all, but I have very little motivation to pump in another 100 hours to grind a new character.

As I said before, it is mind-boggling that the devs would create this great platform but not make some simple tweaks to make it more fun to play. 

On 3/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, wyrda78 said:

I've had the immediate goal of clearing my immediate surrounds, which I've quickly found a fool's errand. For literally two weeks plus, I have been going out every day, killing hordes of zombies, only to to go back to the same spot to have them all spawn back. The idea that they take 3 days to respawn is absolute nonsense because of the aforementioned fact, and I have even found them to spawn inside enclosed locations.

You should probably take a break from the game - play other games like Dying Light, Metal Gear Survive, State of Decay 2 

Come back after NPC update drops

Edited by ZombieHunter

On 3/26/2022 at 7:02 AM, wyrda78 said:

I have barely played this game since I made this post because I have nothing else to do. I went and raided a gun store, which was anti-climactic and not any special challenge. I have a large arsenal of guns but I have no reason to use them; I have no reason to go anywhere because there is no loot I need. My character is only 7 months old and I feel like there is nothing more to do. The only thing I could think of is make a sandbox game with no respawns and make it a goal to clear out large cities. Sandbox mode is fine and all, but I have very little motivation to pump in another 100 hours to grind a new character.

As I said before, it is mind-boggling that the devs would create this great platform but not make some simple tweaks to make it more fun to play. 

sandbox mode is very easy to get familiar with and can give the game a whole new dimension of interesting playthroughs, it's very rewarding to create your own perfect personal survival experience, and that's omitting the wonderful workshop integration that makes it very easy to experiment with different mods that can basically give you an entirely tailored experience just for you. that being said, from what you wrote it seems like you are just burnt out on this title or in videogames in general. take a break! go learn an instrument or start running or something! too much of the same thing is never good

On 3/13/2022 at 5:16 AM, wyrda78 said:

Because it makes me feel better. What's the point in providing constructive criticism? Are devs going to read my posts and implement any of my suggestions? No. I've tried that before. If they had a tiny bit of common sense they would be aware of the issues and fixed them already.

If this is the limit of your ambition, then congratulations, you have masturbated in a public space. The problem is, while it makes you feel better at first, people will line up to tell you why you are wrong. If your goal is to open a line of dialogue to promote change, then that is a different story. I get that venting about extreme disappointment seems right. It just isn't the most constructive way to sway people.

I think that the Devs do read threads about complaints. The game has changed a lot. They are working on the things they find interesting and catering to a large number of players. My current playthrough has been pretty much bug free, though I do wish you could still set a limit on 3d zombies.

That being said, its the old "Is a sandbox fun?" question. That is up to you to answer. The voyage of discovery is the best part. If your goal was build uber character, then you won. I never make it that far, as I have fun by playing extremely high risk scenarios. Drive a car and honk the horn til the whole horde comes, etc.I hardly set down roots and carry what I need. My fun is the initial period of overcoming weakness and found "end-game" less interesting. Plus MODS and multiplayer. I hope you are playing as a hemophobe. Add smoking for a slightly less annoying micromanagement.

Edited by mcroosta
Added thought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 12:34 PM, Pskov said:

Ultimately we are just testing updates until NPC's are added so we get some kind of storyline.  Once you are familiar with all the different mechanics in game like Bad Bunny Hoodies. It is pretty easy to survive.  Maybe go join a MP server since shared resources makes them more valuable and there is always the PVP aspect.

I thoroughly agree with you. My viewpoint is also valid.

Edited by lorancesmith1

• 8 months later...

I think if the entire game was locked to the 1 game mode you are describing, yes the game would be fun for the 100 hours you've played and then shelf it until more updates come out.

However, that is not the case. And there are many modes to the game. SANDBOX servers and server hosts for multiple people to be on are some of the BEST ways to play the game. Coupled with Mods, your imagination of creating fun objectives and scenarios for you and/or friends to do make the game pretty friggin fun. I have 300 hours in the game now and 95% of that has been with mods and custom sandbox settings. Its a blast. I look forward to future mods and vanilla updates.

Also if you want a real challenge, turn on sprinting zombies and set a stop watch and see if you can make it past 10 minutes. lol

Edited by Cidxgaming