The Unused Items Suggestions

uberevan

There are many unused items in the game. This is the list:

Fertilizer

Currently unobtainable. Thought to be used in crop growth or bomb making. String.png

String

A long piece of string. No known use. 32px-Winebottle.png

Empty Bottle (Wine)

The empty version of a Wine Bottle. Currently taken out of the game. If somehow added into the game, it can be used to craft a molotov. Pool_Ball.png

Pool Ball

A regular pool ball. Suspected to be mixable with Socks. Can be found in bars. Locket.png

Locket

A rare jewellery item found on corpses. No known use. Wallet.png

Wallet

A rare item found on corpses. No known use. Lipstick.png

Lipstick

An item found in bathroom containers and rarely on corpses. No known use. Wedding_ring_solid.png Wedding_ring_stone.png

Wedding Ring

A rare jewellery item found on corpses. No known use. Comes in two variations, one with the diamond, and one as a gold ring without the diamond on it. Comb.png

Comb

An item found in containers and rarely on corpses. No known use. Razor.png

Razor

An item found in bathroom containers. No known use. Playing_cards.png

Playing Cards

An item found in containers. No known use. Dice.png

Dice

Luck be yer lady tonight. Weight = 0.2 No current use. Yoyo.png

Yoyo

An item found in containers. No known use. Thread.png

Thread

A spool of thread. Assumed to be unobtainable. Needle.png

Needle

None of them have any current use.

Now obviously they are in the game because the creators are planning to do something else with them.

But what would you like to see them do?

And I'm sorry the pictures don't line up  :P

My OCD is really getting the best of me over the fact some of the titles and items aren't aligned. :P

Also thanks for posting those pages links now I know of more pages that need deleting due to their stubbiness. :) Though some of those links won't work since a couple of the pages have already been deleted. A better link would be this: http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Items#Unused

Though some of the things in that list are missing such as the baking bread tray and the candy cane. Since someone is shining a light on this, I'll most likely go clean it up a bit.

Now! All that is dealt with moving a bit more OT, I believe (if I'm not mistaken) the thread and needle has had a discussion around it, (The medical system? or something, I can't remember.) Wedding ring I believe may have some story implications ala Baldspot and Kate. As for the other things? I have no idea, maybe mood modifiers me thinks, rather than crafting implications.

I'm probably going to be nicknamed the "Useless Items Guy"1 for saying this, but I think the useless items serve an ingame purpose.  For one, they make looting more challenging by forcing the player to make choices.

I should qualify that I don't think items should be totally useless.  But the application of the item could be severely limited or weak in comparison to other items.  For example, Lipstick might allow you to write a note on the mirror of a bathroom, while a pen and paper would allow you to leave a note anywhere.

Those who oppose more useless stuff in game feel that the item "spam" degrades overall enjoyment of the game by adding tedious elements into play.  I agree on one level.  No one wants to have to do the following to loot a house - Enter House.  Open Cabinet. Pause Game.  Open Internet Browser.  Check Wiki to Find Out What's Useful and What Isn't.  Loot.

On the other hand, nothing quite matches for humans the addictive power of "Collecting Shit".  I imagine our virtual survivors needing to collect stuff just as much as regular people.  Spiffo has no use, but I haven't seen a single player fail to proudly display their collection in screenshots.  People like to collect stuff.  Put more random stuff in the game, make it rare, and players will go nuts trying to get it.

I'm playing Build 21 so I've encountered more items than what you have listed.  I found the "Cube" weeks ago.  That was awesome.

1. Call for more useless stuff.

Jatta, you're right about humans "need" to collect stuff. for some reason i cannot explain i have 7 of these http://www.stormlures.com/ThunderCore-Scoot-N%27-Craw/ThunderCore%20Scoot%20N%27%20Craw,default,pd.html sitting on my desk (hooks removed)

adding a few more random items could be interesting. not everything has to have a purpose, sometimes it could just be something that caught your eye so you grabbed it. the things a person could have on them when Z-Day hit in real life would be so varied and random you would have a stroke just trying to figure out the reason for it. but to the person who had it on them, there would be a perfectly reasonable and logical reason for having it.

in truth, i hope when vehicles get added the number of random items jumps immensely.

Jatta, you're right about humans "need" to collect stuff. for some reason i cannot explain i have 7 of these http://www.stormlures.com/ThunderCore-Scoot-N%27-Craw/ThunderCore%20Scoot%20N%27%20Craw,default,pd.html sitting on my desk (hooks removed)

adding a few more random items could be interesting. not everything has to have a purpose, sometimes it could just be something that caught your eye so you grabbed it. the things a person could have on them when Z-Day hit in real life would be so varied and random you would have a stroke just trying to figure out the reason for it. but to the person who had it on them, there would be a perfectly reasonable and logical reason for having it.

in truth, i hope when vehicles get added the number of random items jumps immensely.

yea i still have yet to figure out why anybody would be walking around with a bottle of vitamins xD