41.68 UNSTABLE released

Batsphinx

41.68 RELEASED TO UNSTABLE BETA

NEW

- Added allow changing safehouse owner to players which are a member
- Added extended server quit logging
- Print 'command entered via server console (System.in): "xxx"' in GameServer.launchCommandHandler().
- Added isConsistent() call to GameServer.receiveSyncClothing().

FORAGING

- Updated focus check to occur before item preview is placed
- Added blocking search focus for sprite affinity items

FIXES

- Fixed the result of FMOD::Studio::System::getCoreSystem() not being checked properly for errors.
- Fixed Lua error clicking the close button in the titlebar of the Horde Manager debug ui.
- Fixed a BufferOverflowException when the number of reanimated player zombies is high.  (It was taking about 600 player zombies (assuming 1.6KB per descriptor and 1e6KB packet buffer)
 to be loaded for this exception to happen)
- Fixed dragging VHS tapes from world containers to the Device Options ui not being synced in multiplayer.
- Fixed repairing a hole in a long Leather Jacket with level 8 Tailoring not restoring condition.
- Fixed phantom item-transfer actions playing after crafting sometimes.
- Fixed IndexOutOfBoundsException in WorldItemModelDrawer.renderMain().
- Fixed starting the MusicCombined event doing network stuff.
- Fixed the MusicCombined event being stopped and then restarted the first time Lua is reloaded.

Hello Mr. Developer.

We are playing on a dedicated server who's Admin is currently halfway across the world, asleep. Is it possible to release the beta code for 41.67 so we can play while the server cannot update?

Thank you in advance

11 minutes ago, xXBillNyeXx said:

Hello Mr. Developer.

We are playing on a dedicated server who's Admin is currently halfway across the world, asleep. Is it possible to release the beta code for 41.67 so we can play while the server cannot update?

Thank you in advance

Hey sorry, since it was unstable and not a stable build we didn't create a separate branch for it.

Hey guys, what's up? 

I know you guys might read this a lot, but I wanted to thank you for giving me one of the best games I've ever played in my life.

This is precisely the kind of game that I love, and someday I would like to be able to create, I am from Mexico and I have approximately 2 weeks with this game, and more than 158 hours on Steam. 

I have followed your tweets, videos and comments and you are the kind of company I would like to create with friends. I am 28 years old and I am a big fan of you. Keep it up, you guys are being awesome

Edited by LuisHernandez

Hi the indie stone!! I see a little issues in the game , i hope you fixed it soon

-The animation of filling water bottles because the models are wrong, for example in the empty bottle of Tequila, the bottle appears floating in the character's hand and not in the hand where the bottle is being filled and that in many other variants of empty bottles, please check.

-The search focus need to translate fo spanish and the fishing menu needs to translate some options.

Thanks for reading , i play Project Zomboid a lot and is a awesome game!!

11 hours ago, D-23 said:

Hi the indie stone!! I see a little issues in the game , i hope you fixed it soon

-The animation of filling water bottles because the models are wrong, for example in the empty bottle of Tequila, the bottle appears floating in the character's hand and not in the hand where the bottle is being filled and that in many other variants of empty bottles, please check.

-The search focus need to translate fo spanish and the fishing menu needs to translate some options.

Thanks for reading , i play Project Zomboid a lot and is a awesome game!!

There are no Tequila bottles in vanilla game. So you're better off addressing first issue with the mod creator.

Translations are done by volunteers so it's not really up to us either.. You can wait until it's done or you can do it yourself.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, Batsphinx said:

41.68 RELEASED TO UNSTABLE BETA

On 3/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, lemmy101 said:

Hey sorry, since it was unstable and not a stable build we didn't create a separate branch for it.

Hey,

Would it be possible to have subversions also? 
It would make it much easier for server owners and modders,  if the Unstable builds had their own build numbers vs the Stable one. 

I understand that the clients are updated automatically by Steam, but still, when then you have servers do Lua and Script checks, if the server is not also running the latest version, its a terrible experience for the end user, as the game just starts complaining on specific files.

Ideally, each update would have its own subversion or added letter.
For example using either 41.68.01, then 41.68.02, etc. or doing 41.68A, then 41.68B.

This way would easy to track and match things, by knowing that the Stable build was e.g.: 41.68D or whatever.

Mostly a suggestion, as right now both mods control on what version they target or even server to client matching is a bit of a mess. 

Edited by Ralms

15 hours ago, Pandorea said:

There are no Tequila bottles in vanilla game. So you're better off addressing first issue with the mod creator.

Translations are done by volunteers so it's not really up to us either.. You can wait until it's done or you can do it yourself.

Oh sorry it was the  bourbon empty bottle and the White wine or Chardonnay has the same issue , and thanks for respond :)

HOTFIX

Now preparing for a release - so please let us know if anything weird is cropping up out there in server-land.

NEW

- Added "Enable left joystick radial menu" accessibility option.
- Updated community translations.
- Added 3D models (not all in-game yet)

MODDING

- Forbid mod tiledef file numbers outside the range 100 to 8190. File numbers 0-99 are reserved for the game, as was already the case.  The old unenforced maximum was 1000, which some mods ignored. Sprite IDs must fit in a signed 32-bit integer (2,147,483,647). Each tiledef file is reserved 512 tilesheets of 512 tiles each.

FIXES

- Fixed split-screen players, except the last, being unable to drive vehicles in multiplayer.
- Fixed unnecessary pause when starting in debug

Thank you all for all the hard work on this game! I am, however wondering when we might see a fix with the safehouse system and the issue of players getting teleported out of a safehouse even when safehouse protection is set to be disabled when the owner is connected. This has killed a lot of PvP servers and practically removed the ability to raid safehouses altogether. 

Hi, any information about the today's (11/03 - 41.68) fix on:
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$Map.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$Mod.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$PackFile.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$SpawnOrigin.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$TileDef.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo.class

13 hours ago, Okeoi said:

Thank you all for all the hard work on this game! I am, however wondering when we might see a fix with the safehouse system and the issue of players getting teleported out of a safehouse even when safehouse protection is set to be disabled when the owner is connected. This has killed a lot of PvP servers and practically removed the ability to raid safehouses altogether. 

This can be resolved by better descriptions of:

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 1.
AntiCheatProtectionType1=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 2.
AntiCheatProtectionType2=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 3.
AntiCheatProtectionType3=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 4.
AntiCheatProtectionType4=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 5.
AntiCheatProtectionType5=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 6.
AntiCheatProtectionType6=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 7.
AntiCheatProtectionType7=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 8.
AntiCheatProtectionType8=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 9.
AntiCheatProtectionType9=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 10.
AntiCheatProtectionType10=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 11.
AntiCheatProtectionType11=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 12.
AntiCheatProtectionType12=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 13.
AntiCheatProtectionType13=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 14.
AntiCheatProtectionType14=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 15.
AntiCheatProtectionType15=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 16.
AntiCheatProtectionType16=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 17.
AntiCheatProtectionType17=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 18.
AntiCheatProtectionType18=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 19.
AntiCheatProtectionType19=true

# Disables anti-cheat protection for type 20.
AntiCheatProtectionType20=true

# Threshold value multiplier for anti-cheat protection: type 2.
AntiCheatProtectionType2ThresholdMultiplier=3.0

# Threshold value multiplier for anti-cheat protection: type 3.
AntiCheatProtectionType3ThresholdMultiplier=1.0

# Threshold value multiplier for anti-cheat protection: type 4.
AntiCheatProtectionType4ThresholdMultiplier=1.0

# Threshold value multiplier for anti-cheat protection: type 9.
AntiCheatProtectionType9ThresholdMultiplier=1.0

# Threshold value multiplier for anti-cheat protection: type 15.
AntiCheatProtectionType15ThresholdMultiplier=1.0

# Threshold value multiplier for anti-cheat protection: type 20.
AntiCheatProtectionType20ThresholdMultiplier=1.0

16 hours ago, Okeoi said:

That's not something we've replicated on our end - we will set the testers on it first thing Monday. Any other details - mods you might be running etc? Particular times it happens?

This is on 41.68 I take it?

5 hours ago, Alree said:

Hi, any information about the today's (11/03 - 41.68) fix on:
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$Map.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$Mod.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$PackFile.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$SpawnOrigin.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo$TileDef.class
ProjectZomboid\zombie\gameStates\ChooseGameInfo.class

Believe it was this:

HOTFIX #2:

MODDING

- Raised the maximum allowed tiledef file number from 8190 to 16382.
 Note that values higher than 8190 result in NEGATIVE sprite IDs.
 Numbers higher than 16382 definitely aren't allowed due to using 32-bit integers to hold sprite IDs.

This patch looks absolutely beautiful, extremely minimal mod functionality lost aswell- been testing for 2-3 days now dedicated server on beta no issues! Can't wait, looks great compared to how 41.66 was pushed (no offense at all it was needed due to hackers anyways)

Random question- will we get the ability to edit PhysicsDelay again in the future? It really seemed to help with desync in vehicles

Edited by Intulect

3 hours ago, Intulect said:

This patch looks absolutely beautiful, extremely minimal mod functionality lost aswell- been testing for 2-3 days now dedicated server on beta no issues! Can't wait, looks great compared to how 41.66 was pushed (no offense at all it was needed due to hackers anyways)

Random question- will we get the ability to edit PhysicsDelay again in the future? It really seemed to help with desync in vehicles

Great feedback - many thanks :)

HOTFIX TO UNSTABLE BRANCH

- Updated Windows FMOD to version 2.02.06.

This should fix sound issues and general strange FMOD behaviour for those suffering. Please let us know if it's fixed things for you, and we can push it live to everyone :)

• 1 year later...