Silencer and HomeMade Silencer

kilroy23

Pretty sure it was the regular .45, but again it's been years so don't take my word for it. That piece belongs to my father- his idea of a "home defense" weapon. It stays locked up most of the time, but occasionally when I was a young lad we'd take it out with the rest and pop off a few rounds. His looks almost exactly like the picture, but with black fiber instead of wood. Good feeling gun, but if I was gonna get a home defense weapon it'd prolly be the Remington 1911 (had my eye on one for a long time, but I don't have a gun owner's permit for the state I'm living in now... all my guns are back home D= ).

Cool, did not know that licenses in the US are on a per-state basis. Here we only have 9 provinces so we don't differentiate between provincial law and republican law (State law and federal law I think you guys call it) with regard to weapons or any other matter (apart from vehicle licensing).

Here you can't purchase automatic weapons for civil use, also magazine fed weaponry is quite restricted, rifles that is, handguns are fine. Strangely enough if you belong to a gun club you can own loads of weapons.

Illegal weapons are quite endemic though unfortunately due to our proximity to recent civil war zones and the lax borders between us and the shitfest that is central Africa. So it is not all that odd to see a 88mm mortar or grenades (RGD-5's), even RPGs (The shitty ones with the iron sights, not the nice telescopic ones the Russians kept for themselves lol). Naturally you see lots of AK-47's and 74's in robberies too, even the odd Druganov, SKS and even RPD's or PK's. Also sometimes especially with old-time servicemen you see R1's or TT33 pistols that were taken from russian officers in the Bush war, although again these are rarely used in crime.

I suppose in america most robberies are committed with stolen weaponry, not necessarily smuggled-in weapons like you often get here. Never really looked at any statistics on that. But I wonder how many weapons do get 'lost' when servicemen return, after the war in Angola and the Nationalist government tanking here, lots of soldiers were allowed to keep unlicensed assault rifles and things like that upon returning due to a genuine fear of racial genocide at the time, this was all off the books of course, and with a nation of a few million it was easy to keep quiet.