Indoor Plumbing

NachoNinjaGnome

Now, before anyone says, "you can place a rain collector above the sink and connect it."  Yes, I know.

What I'm suggesting is:

1)  The ability to connect new fixtures to existing pluming network(s).

-  Copper pipes, PVC, steel, ceramic, cast iron, etc.

-  Could require Metalworking as well as Carpentry.

2)  The ability to create new plumbing/modify exiting plumbing networks.

-  Dig/construct a new well.

-  Install hand pumps/electric pumps.

-  Build/commandeer water towers and connect/redirect to your base.

-  Build septic tanks/lagoons PDA (Post Defecation Addition).

3)  The addition of water filtration.

-  Rain water, well water, river water, lake water, pond water, spring water, etc. all have various levels of purity.

-  Merely boiling unfiltered water may not be sufficient.

-  Create water filters that automatically filter incoming water.

-  Lesser filtration systems could need active monitoring to change filters, regulate flow, etc.

-  Water can still go bad after filtration if not properly stored.  May need boiling, bottling, and/or chemical sterilization (chlorine/fluoride).

4)  The addition of waste disposal PDA (Post Defecation Addition).

-  Improper waste disposal may:  make you sick from airborne bacteria, pollute clean water or further pollute dirty water and/or attract zombies.

-  Create/maintain septic systems and lagoons (the sewer system will not continue to function for long without regular maintenance).

-  Rotting corpses can contaminate a water supply, causing drinking from it without proper treatment to give a chance to zombify.

I could keep going... some of this should probably be in the PZ Suggestions, but I'm an idea guy and when it starts to flow, it just floods out.  I'd be happy with a mod that was just numbers one and two.  I'm just now looking into how to use the PZ modding/mapping tools, so I'm probably a ways off from being able to do any of this myself.