A Short But Completely True Story.

Slicer

I just left my steam review after a little over 30 hours. It's an enormous thumbs up of course! I left this true story at the end of my review:

You can change a gazillion settings in the sandbox mode. So ponder this, how great does a zombie game need to be if it's still interesting even without zombies? I created a no zombie game in sandbox just to learn/test some of the deeper game mechanics in peace. But then I find myself alone in a world where all of the other people have suddenly vanished. Where did they go? They didn't pack up and leave, they left so much stuff behind, they just vanished! Some TV's and radios are still on, some doors are open/unlocked, but there's not another living soul anywhere. Maybe a world of undead hordes is better than this. At least with zombies I somewhat understand what happened to everyone. And I could also then cling to the foolish hope that somewhere out there, there are more people like me. People who are still, you know, people. Then I find a random house in the middle of a decent neighborhood. This house is unlike any of the others I've seen so far in this world and especially in this neighborhood. This house is completely 100% barricaded up. Every single window and every door is tightly covered in boards. I can't even get a glimpse of what's inside or any hint of why it was barricaded like this. Also, I don't hear a peep from inside. What person did this to this house and then where did they go? Are they still inside? Are they dead in there? As I ponder the seemingly very real possibility of never seeing another human being again, I briefly wonder would I like to find them anyway even if they are dead. I decide that I want to see inside no matter what, but I don't have the tools to break down these barricades. I'll need to go find some if I want to uncover the truth about this house. In my search for tools or whatever else I can find in this lonely world, I come upon a mundane looking car. A normal, everyday, 4 door, white sedan. I think to myself that everyone vanished and left TV's and radios on, so "why not?" maybe there are keys in this car. I get in to the font seat, only thinking of peeking at the ignition switch and maybe the glovebox. Then, I look over into the backseat to find ... a corpse!

I left out what happened next to avoid any spoilers on the review. But I picked up the corpse and dropped it outside of the car. Then took its classic watch off and put it on my left wrist. For the first time in this empty abyss I now at least know what time it is xD.

Archived