Malformed Packet detected. Type 2

splinter_mutant

ive had this problem on my own server i play with like 4 other people sometimes its when i hop back on after a reboot from what i have read it has to do with a hacker prevention system and is screwed up right now (could be wrong) its getting very annoying thoa

Edited by Chauncey

Generally this specific error is caused if the player is way too fast, usually in a vehicle way over the speed limit or if the player speed is too fast. Do you perhaps have any mods that would increase player speed enabled? Traits or skills.

Yeah having the same problem when using admin commands. When i make myself invisible it either kicks me when i turn it on or when i turn it off. trying to record videos and challenges has become a little difficult haha. Any ideas on when this might be fixed? Thank you

Dude thank you so much, I'm having the exact same problem but I JUST started hosting a multiplayer server for the first time last night because our other host was having trouble. I'm getting kicked any time I use the invisible command or move too quickly, and I never would've thought about anticheat kicking. REALLY hope they fix this soon.

So I have a custom spawn point system which let the player choose a location to teleport to.
It seem that player (non-admin only) get kicked when running this command:

playerObj:setPosition(x, y, z);

It's seem that the anti-cheat detect teleportation from a distance as a cheat.
It is probably the wanted behavior for the anti-teleport purpose but I wonder as a modder, what would be the proper way of teleporting a client.
Trying to set the player position from the server side didn't do anything on the client so maybe an example snippet as to how to do it would be helpful.

Any mod setting the player position probably will kick with Type 2.

Admin account don't seem to get kicked from using the setPosition, or even setX, setLx, etc...

Edited by Konijima

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Nehrendi said:

Is there a fix for this error yet? Just launched a dedicated server and some can't play at all due to constantly being kicked.

We added options to the server settings to disable the specific kick options, have you tried disabling them through that?

You mean you set them to false but it still kicks you out due to the exact same packet errors?
Can you share the logs.zip file found in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid from the person that is hosting?

7 hours ago, Beard said:

You mean you set them to false but it still kicks you out due to the exact same packet errors?
Can you share the logs.zip file found in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid from the person that is hosting?

We got it fixed! Thanks for your assistance :)

Edited by Nehrendi

• 2 months later...