Toilet flushing? :P

NuclearSharkhead

Yeah I just read the suggestion list that says "no" to using the bathroom, but I figured I would use some creative expression to kill some time, enjoy!

======

I am so sorry about this idea but I am bored at work and I tend to have the most interesting ideas when trying to break the monotony, just hear me out!

So let's say you have Hearty Appetite as a trait, you'll eat more and therefore you'll have more to dispose of if you know what I mean. Give those bathroom toilets a purpose in life! Last night I installed a sleep mod for instance that made it possible for you to sleep anywhere, including on the toilet. So why not have the ability to use the toilets for the reason they exist? :D At least give them a flush function and a loud whoosh noise to accompany it...be forewarned though as flushing is a loud noise and may provoke massive legions of zombies to descend upon you as you do your business!

Again this is not a serious suggestion but I think it would be it fun sort of comedic relief from the hardcoreness of the overall game, if not bladder relief.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

[n] Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)

Would probably work better as a mod suggestion.

Yup I noticed. Still mentioned it for fun though!

Well if it's for fun and nothing too serious, it's best off taken under mod suggestions first. Good mods in just about any indie game can become part of the base game if they're good suggestions.

*EDIT*

Actually the idea of flushing a toilet as a means of distraction isn't half bad...

This seems like the time to bring this up:

Will someone please explain to me why they have put a no to personal hygiene?

Now, I'm no expert at Zombie lore, but I'm pretty sure the zombie apocalypse doesn't make everyone's butt holes recede into their body.

I mean, c'mon! If they're trying to base it around realism we should have to at least have to go to the bathroom once everyday!

It's too much micromagement with the excelerateted time of the game takeing that into considration the game would never leave you with time to do much of anything else. plus it add's nothing to the gameplay for most people, If you want that it could be modded but it won't be standard

With the toilet flushing what about instead of hygine reasons, rather to get lower moodles, such as sick. 

Nothing drastic, just lowering it slightly (Throwing up) or maybe seeing if you're zombified when sick by seeing the sick a different colour (If this contradicts the 'not knowing how/what it is, then ignore).

So essentially it drops a moodle slightly for a small sound to alert nearby lurking zeds. 

Now, I'm no expert at Zombie lore, but I'm pretty sure the zombie apocalypse doesn't make everyone's butt holes recede into their body.

Try opening a bathroom full of zombies, and tell me right now your butthole doesn't slam shut and retract inwards for safety :P

Seriously though, the ability to flush toilets could be useful to distract or pull zombies. As for going to the bathroom, just make a character throwing up in a working toilet be better moodle wise than throwing up on the couch. No need for #2, as I agree microing the need to use the facilities would be irritating.

Who knows. Flushing, clogging, and backing up a toilet could be used for... something gamewise. Perhaps making a safehouse less attractive to NPCs?