Vanilla By Kinyoshi (re-use pens and pencils, repair hammers, wear socks and more)

kinyoshi

This is the start of my Vanilla replacement mod. This is pretty much how I play the game, as I edit a bunch before I can play :).

NOTE: I didn't change anything that would mess up other mods, all the vanilla items are the same, I just either changed their item types, or made new items to add to vanilla.

Things I changed:

• Organized the items a little better, mainly for me and other modders.
  • You can now repair a broken hammer with a screwdriver and some screws.
  • Pens and pencils now have uses, to make into a weapon you need to tie a ripped sheet on it.
  • Whiskey now has many more uses. (I can't stand the taste of alcohol so I sip)
  • Wine now spawns in the world, with comparable uses to whiskey.
  • Can now barricade with more items. (pan, golf club, axe and more)
  • More items now have the ability to jaw stab, like knifes. (screwdriver, pool cue and more)
  • You can wear socks instead of shoes but get less warmth than shoes. (should it be more?)
  • More stuff I forgot but makes it better.

To be added or changed:

vanilla boredom reducers to get uses

some other stuff, change weights, stuff....

INSTALL MOD:
BACKUP THE FOLLOWING FILES FROM YOUR PZ FOLDER:
items.txt,newitems.txt,recipes.txt

Make sure you backup above files........

Copy the "media" folder from the mod zip file into your Project Zomboid game directory, OVERWRITE the files you already backed up listed above, it will add the mod files into your "media/lua" and "/media/scripts" directories.

DOWNLOAD: Main Download (PZ-Mods) || Mirror Download (My Dropbox Link)

Edited by kinyoshi

Question: The wine bottle shows +5 hunger in red. Does that mean it makes me more hungry?

But when I drink it it makes me slightly fed ^_^

I love all your mods btw :D

Thank you for using my mods :-D, and yes it's supposed to make you hungrier the drunker you get. don't know why it isn't working right.. I'll look at it tonight after work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you can, please update this!!!

I have to wait to get the Desura release before updating.

why?

Because I can't download Steam, cheap tethered cell phone won't stay constantly stay connected to the internet for the time required to download the Steam client, and they don't have the Nifty feature to resume downloading their own client.. So I have to wait for it to be released on Desura so I can download it (or like those old forum test releases).. And because stuff in the new version might have changed or something and If I use old scripting stuff it will crash..

I just noticed a bug with this on .16. It removes the option to put backpacks on your back. 

Like your mod, especially the addition of barricading with extra tools. Excellent idea!

Although I feel like you should work on rebalancing weights more. Like making cigarettes weigh less, and shells and bandages? And other stuff, that is unrealisticly heavy ?

Also the addition of jaw stabbing with pens and stuff I feel is utterly useless. No sane man uses pens or knives or that kind of stuff in zomboid. Instead maybe think of rebalancing pan and pool cue and rolling pin? I mean you are likely to beat a man's brains out irl if you hit them with a rolling pin hard.

Anyways, keep the good work up! Best regards

I just noticed a bug with this on .16. It removes the option to put backpacks on your back. 

Like your mod, especially the addition of barricading with extra tools. Excellent idea!

Although I feel like you should work on rebalancing weights more. Like making cigarettes weigh less, and shells and bandages? And other stuff, that is unrealisticly heavy ?

Also the addition of jaw stabbing with pens and stuff I feel is utterly useless. No sane man uses pens or knives or that kind of stuff in zomboid. Instead maybe think of rebalancing pan and pool cue and rolling pin? I mean you are likely to beat a man's brains out irl if you hit them with a rolling pin hard.

Anyways, keep the good work up! Best regards

Thank you for your feedback, I will consider..

Will be doing this Vanilla Replacement again on the next stable release, though I have to wait for Desura release. Can't download Steam client..