[41.66] Can't run on Win7 after update [Solved]

lordixi

14 minutes ago, Beard said:

Can you try going to “Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid” and edit the “ProjectZomboid64.bat” file?

Change the "UseZGC" line in the file to "UseG1GC".

Save the file and use the edited file to launch the game or use the Alternate Launch from Steam

My five year old daughter fell in love with this game. And before going to bed, we always play PZ. She got really upset when I just couldn't run PZ. Now, thanks to you, it works! It wooorks! Thak you very much from me and my daughter.

Please fix it in next versions. It's still a little Windows 7 users.

Edited by lordixi

• lordixi changed the title to [41.66] Can't run on Win7 after update [Solved]
8 hours ago, Thinkpad said:

Your issue seems to be specifically that the workshop folders seem to fail to load. Can you try using the Steam game move tool to move the game to another drive? This can usually fix this workshop issue. Other than that your graphics drivers look pretty out of date, it is unlikely they are causing this issue but they can cause similar launch problems if too out of date.

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2022 at 10:04 AM, Beard said:

Can you try going to “Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid” and edit the “ProjectZomboid64.bat” file?

Change the "UseZGC" line in the file to "UseG1GC".

Save the file and use the edited file to launch the game or use the Alternate Launch from Steam

Where do I find it though like explain what I need to do because if I click on the windows batch file it sends me to system 32 and it happens with alternative launch just please explain and let me know because I'm getting very frustrated with this game 

I would recommend creating your own thread with your own image of the console window as the original poster did, since your issue may be very different. These tips are also a year old at this point and may not apply to your situation.