Hood lock bypass

Milove

Hi!

Here I want to talk about a small mistake and defect in cars that I noticed recently.

The bug itself lies in the fact that the character can open the hood of any of the cars, even if it is locked with a key, without having this key. Yes, by pressing the interaction key, the character will not be able to do anything, but if we open the radial menu and select the “Open the hood”, the character will gladly open it and immediately begin to inspect all the characteristics of the car. In this way, we can even see that the “Unavailable” status of the hood is “Yes” ;Р

-Also, when a character tries to open the hood after pressing the interaction key, the characteristic "closed" sound, as in the case of doors or trunk, is not played
-And, it seems to me that when you press the “Open the hood” button through the radial menu, the character should not immediately study the characteristics of the car, he, most likely, should just open the hood and do nothing else, as in the case of doors - he does not get in the car right away?

Oh, and what about if the cars with the doors and trunk closed also had the hood locked? It would be logical, I think
If someone has already noticed this and the developers are already aware of this problem - let me know!

(I checked the bug for all cars in the game, without using mods)

With love from Milove for Big Love (TIS)

Edited by Milove

• 1 month later...

Actually, I noticed recently what I can open any locked hood without the key by the interaction button.

Both SP and MP.

I even checked it on a vehicle, which has all windows intact and all doors locked - after dropping the key far away, I had no problem to open this "locked" hood. -_-

This is VERY critical bug in MP, because any newb with a screwdriver can take the battery, and broke almost all parts with few other tools.

Edited by Fregrant

I can't reproduce this with a vanilla char at all :( The hood remains locked whether I use "E" or "V > Open trunk" and I can hear the "locked" sfx...

Are you suing any mods at all? What version of the game? What is your char Mechanics level? Is the char a Burglar?

5 hours ago, Pandorea said:

I can't reproduce this with a vanilla char at all :( The hood remains locked whether I use "E" or "V > Open trunk" and I can hear the "locked" sfx...

Are you suing any mods at all? What version of the game? What is your char Mechanics level? Is the char a Burglar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjVG4_SmhE

Hey
Here, I just made a video FROM and TO. Without mods, on the current version of the game. You can see and check everything yourself.
To save your time, I divided the video into episodes, you can use it, it's very convenient

If needed, I can send the console file if you remind me of its location.

Also, I wanted to say that the amount of horsepower is reduced to the "standard" amount when the character gets into the car. Is this a bug or is the "different amount of horsepower" mechanic turned off for the time being?

27 minutes ago, Milove said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjVG4_SmhE

Hey
Here, I just made a video FROM and TO. Without mods, on the current version of the game. You can see and check everything yourself.
To save your time, I divided the video into episodes, you can use it, it's very convenient

If needed, I can send the console file if you remind me of its location.

I see. So long as car is unlocked / doors unlocked / windows broken - char will be able to "pop trunk open". Have you tried locking all doors and trying afterwards?

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

I see. So long as car is unlocked / doors unlocked / windows broken - char will be able to "pop trunk open". Have you tried locking all doors and trying afterwards?

Yeah. Just now. Same effect, the character can open the closed hood

I don't think it depends on other parts of the car (and it's "closed"/"open" states).

Edited by Milove

You can "open the hood" of a locked car in the sense that you can inspect it, but you can't remove parts without the key or the car's interior being accessible. You'll see that uninstall is redded out with the message "a car key is required."

Just double-checked this in game.